If it's been said once...

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
... it's worth repeating again. Anyone can rent you a room or a sled, but when they go above and beyond that, you really appreciate the exceptional service from some businesses. Thanks again to Spindrift (Clint and Glengine) and Mtn Haven (Barry & Judy) who turned a chitty day for us, into a less chitty day.

There alway seems to be more and more stories about businesses who are only concerned about the bottom dollar. It's refreshing to know that there are still some good guys who care more about their customers receiving great service than making a quick buck. You can be certain that these businesses will continue to earn our respect and dollar.

Thanks,

Mike & Cindy :D

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
... It's worth repeating again. Anyone can rent you a room or a sled, but when they go above and beyond that, you really appreciate the exceptional service from some businesses. Thanks again to spindrift (clint and glengine) and mtn haven (barry & judy) who turned a chitty day for us, into a less chitty day.

There alway seems to be more and more stories about businesses who are only concerned about the bottom dollar. It's refreshing to know that there are still some good guys who care more about their customers receiving great service than making a quick buck. You can be certain that these businesses will continue to earn our respect and dollar.

Thanks,

mike & cindy :d

okay...... Elaborate a bit, and tell the story........;)

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had both ends of the scale this winter and I'm sure you don't have to guess which place will see me again. Customer service goes a long way with
me. Some people don't care but I do. Cheers :beer:to all the buisness's out there
that give a crap and screw the ones that only see the first dollar made not the repeat customer.

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
okay...... Elaborate a bit, and tell the story........;)

On the way home from Ft Nelson, thought we would stop in McBride for a day of sledding. 10 miles north of McBride, blew the trailer tire and no wrenches to take the tire off (Dad's trailer, tire wrench in the back of his truck. At home). Whip into Spindrift at 6:05pm, and Clint and his dad are still there, gives me a wrench to replace the tire, and tells us to bring it back tomorrow. Head back out to replace the tire, and have the crap scared out of me when 2 guys come creeping up on me bent over putting the tire back on. Clint and his dad coming to check and make sure that we were ok. Spend the night at Barry & Judys. Next morning, rent a sled for tekims wife from Spindrift, and the ramp for my deck breaks a few rungs, and cant get the sleds up on the deck. Jerry-rig that to make that work and head out to Lucille. Get 3 miles up the trail, and my track blows up, and have to drag the big kitty back to the parking lot, just as Barry is showing up to meet us at the cabin for lunch. He loads my dead sled on his truck, and we take the rental back to Spindrift. Clint and Glenn give us a heck of a deal on the 1/4 day rental, and Glenn sells me a "like new" track for a good deal. Had enough "fun" for trying to get one day of sledding in, so pick up the pieces and head for home. Not much sledding in, but like I said, those guys made a chitty day a lot easier. Have the get the sled back together and try it again.

BTW, Judy makes awesome home-made buns :D

Smurff1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got some advice on this site from Glengine as well.

Thanks again for being good poeple,

Someday it could be Me needing help.:cool:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
On the way home from Ft Nelson, thought we would stop in McBride for a day of sledding.....

Interesting story and yes, it is nice to continually hear about the great people out there and McBride seems to get many of these do-gooder stories!

Now let me figure this for awhile....you live in Rosalind and were sledding in Ft. Nelson. A long friggin' way to go for a ride?? Must be other attractions up there for this to be considered! Then on the way home another long friggin' drive via PG and McBride????

You grain farmers(?) sure have great time lines in the winter months or else pappa is a great guy doing all the chores!!:shrug:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
interesting story and yes, it is nice to continually hear about the great people out there and mcbride seems to get many of these do-gooder stories!

Now let me figure this for awhile....you live in rosalind and were sledding in ft. Nelson. A long friggin' way to go for a ride?? Must be other attractions up there for this to be considered! Then on the way home another long friggin' drive via pg and mcbride????

You grain farmers(?) sure have great time lines in the winter months or else pappa is a great guy doing all the chores!!:shrug:

fyi: Tekim is in the oil patch industry...... Busy guy, and puts a million miles a year on his truck.....

Top Bottom