I want the Old Mr. R's back!!!

topomountain

Reaction score
Does anybody else find that the new owners of Mr. R's in Lethbridge have no idea about sledding and what they are talking about as well they are badly overpriced. On top of that they have the worst attitude ever. I had the parts guy literally throw a belt across the counter at me so he could get out the door faster the other day. There is no longer anyone around who wants to sit down and discuss issues anymore.
I will definatly be making the 2 hour trip to Calgary to Bow Cycle "which I vowed I'd Never Go Back to Either" to have my work done and parts ordered from.

Way to Destroy a Great Name!

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Does anybody else find that the new owners of Mr. R's in Lethbridge have no idea about sledding and what they are talking about as well they are badly overpriced. I will definatly be making the 2 hour trip to Calgary to Bow Cycle "which I vowed I'd Never Go Back to Either" to have my work done and parts ordered from.

Not sure who you are dealing with there but you might have been in the wrong place LOL...

The owners are serious sledders, and definitely know their stuff...Have you ever ridden with them??

By the way I got a better price on my E-Tek than almost everyone else here so without some more details, it sounds like you are full of crap...just sayin.

Give us some details to digest and then we can better comment on your experience

But I will say this...Ryan and Tyler are two of the best guys I have ever dealt with, excellent service, excellent pricing, have opened the store early for me, and stayed late to accomodate me...

topomountain

Reaction score
Hey Longhorn

I guess if you are buddies with them they may take the extra time with you but for as for the rest of us they don't seem to have any time left.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Hey Longhorn

I guess if you are buddies with them they may take the extra time with you but for as for the rest of us they don't seem to have any time left.

Well, I see you still havent given any details...

AND...we became buddies AFTER I bought my first sled there, I now have bought my 2nd...

Great service and great prices have made me a loyal customer

topomountain

Reaction score
I had a belt thrown across the counter at me went to ask a question and they ran out the door Pricing is higher than both precision powersports in town and rough country in revy. what more do you want.
And I bought 2 sleds from the old Mr R's and was about to buy another from the new place and no-one could answer anything for me because Ken had left!!
Would you like more?

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I had a belt thrown across the counter at me went to ask a question and they ran out the door Pricing is higher than both precision powersports in town and rough country in revy. what more do you want.
And I bought 2 sleds from the old Mr R's and was about to buy another from the new place and no-one could answer anything for me because Ken had left!!
Would you like more?

No, but perhaps you should have started with this info, thats how storys always start...Info first, then we can discuss and comment.

I cannot explain your service of course, as I was not there, and Im not sure who you were dealing with, but this is not the type of service I have received on either my first or subsequent visits...

I guess if you arent happy with the service, take your business elsewhere, best way to send a message...

Rjm350

Reaction score
Hmmmm, I'm not here to take sides, but it might be worth giving the guys another chance. Have you ever had a bad day at work?? If you haven't, I want your job! lol. but seriously every one does. I think it is great having them in Lethbridge. sure is nice to get parts locally instead of a 3hr drive for a 1 hr fix. As for pricing, I agree it is over priced, but everything BRP is over priced. Its a Canadian company, what do you expect.
As for service I think it is great. Try calling Bow cycle and booking an appointment for front end repair such as say a bent front clip. I am guessing they will ask where you got the sled. If it wasn't from Bow cycle you will have to wait for at least 3 to 4 weeks to get it in. I've tried to get stuff done there 3 times, and same thing. What a joke that is. On the positive side I've learened how to fix everything my self, and yes one was a blown motor! haha
Happy sledding guys we just got some new snow!

Manatee

Reaction score
I have never dealt with Mr R's, but I do know that Bow's is just a bunch of bikers who sell sleds in the offseason to keep busy. Not the kind of guys I want for buying sleds. I want a sledder who has been where I have been and has some kind of a clue what he is talking about when I go in.
These dealers need to hire a sled-head who will sit and hob nob with guys. That's what keeps them coming in.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'm with Longhorn on this one! Ryan and Tyler are not riding buddies of mine and I didn't know them before they got involved with the new store but I find them super.

Take the time to answer questions, discount the things they can, and provide great service. I'm 2 hours away and doo a lot of my wrenching and I've had no problem with information for DIY and ordering parts.

I have been dealing with Mr.R's for 3 years and I have never looked back. Bought 2 sleds and lots of parts/accessories. I'm pretty sure it has been a little bit of a learning curve for them but

....."still the best little shop on the prairies" IMHO

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also recommend giving them another chance. I have not bought anything from them but found they were very helpful when i popped in to do some window shopping. My wife and son popped in there and picked up a couple of things recently and also were happy with them. Like yourself i try to find good pricing but have found sled parts that i order from the U.S are taking forever to arrive. Good Luck.:beer:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I live in edmonton and used to drive down to mr r's in milo, as i bought my sled there, and took it back for warranty work once, and also bought lotsa stuff from there...... I haven't dealt with the new place as it's just too far away now :(

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to say,I have been riding and owned Ski-doo for over 30 years but I will most likely switch brands because the dealers in the south Alberta region are poor.I order parts out of Banner in Kelowna if need be.Hate to send my Alberta earned money to another province,but can't find a dealer that deservse my money around here.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find the guys there friendly and always willing to talk. I've bought some stuff there and prices are similar to any other dealer I've been to. I can't say anything bad about them and I don't even drive a skidoo. They keep giving me a hard time about my arctic cat but it's all in fun. I say give them another try. Maybe someone had a bad day.

whiskeythrottle

Reaction score
Would you like more?

IMO, As a business owner myself, I have come to realize that your business is only as good as the people you hire. Most business owners strive to have the best service, but sometimes (due to people and their problems) it is insanely hard to keep a level of commitment that is unsurpassed. I'm sure if you went in there and explained the poor service or bad attitude you were treated with, the business owners would take the time to rectify it accordingly and they probably would be happy that you came to them to explain it. Business owners can't watch every single employee every single minute, and this guy maybe shouldn't be working there, I know that we all should know our employees, but as someone else said earlier, this guy may have been having a bad day and didn't think out his actions. Let them know and I'm sure they will treat you better than you first had expected!!! JMO..

summit7

Reaction score
I have never dealt with Mr R's, but I do know that Bow's is just a bunch of bikers who sell sleds in the offseason to keep busy. Not the kind of guys I want for buying sleds. I want a sledder who has been where I have been and has some kind of a clue what he is talking about when I go in.
These dealers need to hire a sled-head who will sit and hob nob with guys. That's what keeps them coming in.

Have you ever talked to Lucas at Bow Cycle South?
Seems to me he knows what he is talking about when it comes to sleds.

Unklsnomobile

Reaction score
Does anybody else find that the new owners of Mr. R's in Lethbridge have no idea about sledding and what they are talking about as well they are badly overpriced. On top of that they have the worst attitude ever. I had the parts guy literally throw a belt across the counter at me so he could get out the door faster the other day. There is no longer anyone around who wants to sit down and discuss issues anymore.
I will definatly be making the 2 hour trip to Calgary to Bow Cycle "which I vowed I'd Never Go Back to Either" to have my work done and parts ordered from.

So first of all, Ryan and Tyler are avid sledders. When I talked with Ryan about the handling of my new etec, he knew exactly what I was talking about. There prices are similar to the old Mr R's. They have never shown me any bad attitude ever. Quite the opposite actually. The guy who thew the belt across the counter is the reason you want to drive to Calgary? Are you serious? I'm thinking the problem here is not Mr. R's, it's you. They have the best snowmobile mechanic around, and you want to go to Calgary where you had trouble before? Again, sounds like your the problem not the dealer. I would think for you to come on here and call them out like this you would have a real good reason. You don't, and I'm not buying any of it.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Find this hard to believe. I dealt with Ken at Milo, haven't bought a new sled from the new owners but was quoted a spring check price that beat everyone else last year. Getting a 2012 and will order from Mr R's.
Was in Lethbridge without an appointment and had work done on both sleds that were purchased out of Milo. Got great service and they honoured my VIP discount Ken allways gave me on parts. They even showed me how to service my clutches myself.
Ordered clutch tools over the phone, nothing charged till I came down from Calgary to pick them up.

I don't know the new owners but the way I have been treated there I just don't believe your story.

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought my sled in Calgary. Brought it back for recalls. Brought it back again because of the things they broke doing the recalls. Got told that it worked as designed but I am welcome to spend more money on an upgrade. Became frustrated and worked on the sled, which still had warranty, myself. Heard Mr R's was in Lethbridge now which is were my machine is stored. Took it there. Got really good advice. Got my machine fixed quickly for less money than it would have cost in gas to take back to the hacks in Calgary. Confirmed that Calgary dealer did indeed make a mistake. Am a happy camper again and love riding my fully functional Doo. Mr R's customer for life unless they get bought out by the Calgary crew.

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have no use for bow went there so may times and they are never opean i think time for a ski doo dealer in town. thats my:twocents:

Top Bottom