I want the Old Mr. R's back!!!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we snow checked our sleds threw a&e, and then found out it was cheaper at rs but left it at that, since then i have stoped in a few times and met ryan corey, and ray and will, they offered to do my warrenty work with no hassels, also send parts to me in the hat for no cost, then covered a belt that ae refused, give an additional 10 percent off

i currently have made a bushing to fix the etec belt eaters, ryan has called me twice, offered me cash for my time and ordered numerous sets to help others with same issues

i have been with ae for twenty some years(8NEW SLEDS), so its a big step for me to try different, but so far my ass does not feel sore

my brother and good buddy have bought four new sleds from rs and their price was better than any in southern alberta, they went out of their way for them

another buddy snowchecked a etec, had rs put a 3 inch track underneath with all bags, gas can, skid plates and such and was 2300 cheaper than other dealers quotes

so in my final thoughts, i think rs is a top notch dealer, and this steams back to the way ken ran it, great guys overall

jwood99

Reaction score
have to give the guys at Mr R's a thumbs up as well. Had my sleds down in Lethbridge just before christmas and they snuck me in to get some work done the day before going to Fernie, even though they were booked solid.

signedge

Reaction score
They did let a guy go there maybe you dealt with him.I have had great service over the phone.If you go to their website and phone Ryan he will answer all your questions.If you let him know directly how you were dealt with i'm sure he will make it up to you in some way down the road.They have great pricing and great service in my opionion.

dragon6650

Reaction score
Not sure who you are dealing with there but you might have been in the wrong place LOL...

The owners are serious sledders, and definitely know their stuff...Have you ever ridden with them??

By the way I got a better price on my E-Tek than almost everyone else here so without some more details, it sounds like you are full of crap...just sayin.

Give us some details to digest and then we can better comment on your experience

But I will say this...Ryan and Tyler are two of the best guys I have ever dealt with, excellent service, excellent pricing, have opened the store early for me, and stayed late to accomodate me...
That's funny because I have never seen those guys! I don't have a doo anymore because of Mr. R's Lethbridge. The business went from small town customer service to big city no service!!

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got back from a@e racing and it sounds like my new 2012 will see a turbo before it leaves the shop cant wait to get it now,the wait will be long as for pricing,, customer service,this shop has been great for me and all my riding budys i think it an awsome shop,i aslo dont see anything wrong with mr rs ive stoped in there nice guys.:beer:

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's funny because I have never seen those guys! I don't have a doo anymore because of Mr. R's Lethbridge. The business went from small town customer service to big city no service!!

i find that very hard to believe that you would switch brands doo to the dealer. I have been dealing with mr.r's for 18 years now and am currently with ryan and tyler. These guys are still learning the ropes and are adapting well. If you are not happy with your manufacturer that is one thing but dont slander a dealer who is new and is dooing a good job at keeping the doors open with the economy in a slump. I take it you are riding a dragon now, well good luck and cant wait to hear what you have to say about your new dealer with all the problems with the motors blown up these days.:nono:

Joum39

Reaction score
From my experiences with the new Mr.R's the Mechanic in the back shop is excellent, they for sure, no questions asked, need to fire the girl at the front desk...I have never had a call returned when the message has been left with her and I was in there and witnessed her not write down messages for two callers, as she said she was writing it down. She is not the most welcoming person at all... however I am chalking any other small problems up to the learning curve...

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to say,I have been riding and owned Ski-doo for over 30 years but I will most likely switch brands because the dealers in the south Alberta region are poor.I order parts out of Banner in Kelowna if need be.Hate to send my Alberta earned money to another province,but can't find a dealer that deservse my money around here.

I know what your talking about. Steel Town seems to be trying to provide good service and product. Lucas will answer any question and if your loyal you will get a discount. Mr R's never had luck with them but only dealt with them once when we were getting info on avy gear and they were a joke with that. Civic in Westlock have been great whenever I have dealt with them. Bow north is good to but I find the biggest problem is none of them keep much on hand for parts always have to order and wait. Thanks for the work on the truck.:beer::d

topomountain

Reaction score
From my experiences with the new Mr.R's the Mechanic in the back shop is excellent, they for sure, no questions asked, need to fire the girl at the front desk...I have never had a call returned when the message has been left with her and I was in there and witnessed her not write down messages for two callers, as she said she was writing it down. She is not the most welcoming person at all... however I am chalking any other small problems up to the learning curve...

I completely agree she is useless!!!!!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question. Is Ken still helping out with sales or is he officially retired now?

Joum39

Reaction score
Question. Is Ken still helping out with sales or is he officially retired now?
Ken is still helping out with sales, but i am pretty sure he is enjoying some well deserved time away from the shop as well after all the years he was in it through the whole winter.

ryan.tanner

Reaction score
I am very sorry to read the bad experiences that some of you have had at Mr. R's. I will ensure that these problems are adressed with our employees so that these types of situations can be eliminated. We are new to the power sports industry and greatly appreciate all feedback so that we can continually improve our customer service. We are passionate about sledding! It's the reason we got into this business. Please feel free to contact me or Tyler directly at the dealership and we will be glad to listen to and try to resolve any concerns you may have. Our goal is to maintain and build upon the same reputation that Mr. R's has always been known for.

THANK YOU to all of you that stood up for Mr. R's! See you on the mountain!

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I am very sorry to read the bad experiences that some of you have had at Mr. R's. I will ensure that these problems are adressed with our employees so that these types of situations can be eliminated. We are new to the power sports industry and greatly appreciate all feedback so that we can continually improve our customer service. We are passionate about sledding! It's the reason we got into this business. Please feel free to contact me or Tyler directly at the dealership and we will be glad to listen to and try to resolve any concerns you may have. Our goal is to maintain and build upon the same reputation that Mr. R's has always been known for.

Thanks for jumping on here Ryan. Keep up the great service!

Brad Miller

crowdoo

Reaction score
ryan you guys are doing good job down there ,keep it up.but got a question how come you guys wernt at snow drags where you not a sponsor ? really wanted to see some doos kickn butt.only 1 xp there and it was crowriders prez sled.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Great response Ryan. When the going gets tough, the tough get going, eh!
and once again, IMHO, "the best little shop on the prairies"....:beer::beer:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont believe you, according to most threads on THIS site only polaris sleds break down, have issues or have poor dealers. No way there are other makes and models out there that have problems. I just can't believe it. WOW

HAHAHA

ryan.tanner

Reaction score
I know we wanted to be there it was just bad timing as it was the ski-doo club in San Diego last week. But I did get a chance to see the new sleds for next year! The funny thing I think we brought snow with us as it snowed while we were there. Lol

Unklsnomobile

Reaction score

See, I told you they were stand up guys. Maybe next time someone has a problem they can grow a set and actually address it with Ryan or Tyler, instead of coming on here and trying to bad mouth them. Of course that's just my opinion.

martincc

Reaction score
I too have good things to say about these guys. I hit a tree with my sled a few weeks back and didn't notice that I shattered my airbox until 2 days before a 3 day weekend trip was planned in BC. I called around trying to find an airbox but no one had them in stock. Even though I've never bought anything from Mr. R's they offered to take one off a brand new sled and put it on the bus for me so I could make my trip. I called them at 9am Wednesday, had a new air box show up the next day in Calgary and I was able to make my weekend trip happen. Whoever was on the phone was super helpful and they only charged me 30 dollars to pull it off a new sled, order themselves a new one, install the new one and send someone to Greyhound to drop it off for me.

Top Bottom