I need help

CThiessen

Reaction score
First things first does anyone know of a place on the net where I can get a free online version of a repair manual for a 87 Honda TRX350?
Second I have been trying to fix my front brakes for a week now with no luck. I have been told that setting the drum brakes in the front is similar to setting the brakes in a car. Well I have found this info to be wrong. I can't find the set screw on either wheel and the little rubber piece that covers the screw is no where to be found. The only rubber piece is the bleeder nipple cap (which is on the inside of the drum). I have been told that what I am looking for is on the outside drum. There are two things on the outsideof the drum, 1. An 8mm bolt and 2. A hole about 1/2 an inch in diameter. I have tried to move the wheel to find the gear or set screw inside but the wheel does not move (yes the quad is in neutral). Basically I am looking for a free online repair manual to help me with this problem and/or a step by step idiot proof guide on how to fix my brakes. If anyone out there can help please do.
I have bled the brakes 3x and there is no resistence what so ever unless I pump the brake handle but as soon as I let go of the handle I lose everything I have gained with the pumping and I have to start all over again. There is brake fluid in the resiviour.
I am stumped and I need help from anyone out there that knows anything about these machines. I have also called Turps and a couple other smaller Honda dealerships to see if they know what I am doing wrong and I get the same answer from all of them "I don't know, bring it in and we will take a look at it" for a cost of a complete brake job which I have been told is $500, so as you can tell I would rather fix it myself and spend the $500 on gas for the quad so I can get into the mud.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about drum brakes but Royal distributing has a kit to replace honda drums with disk brakes so you don't have to fight with them again

CThiessen

Reaction score
I finally got the brakes fixed now I have discovered that my solenoid for my winch is pooched. Does anyone know where to get one?

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what was wrong with the brakes? and if you got a small hole on the outside of the drum that is were the rubber plug is suppost to be, you will want to plug that hole before you go through any water if you get water in there tour gunna be doing a complete brake job in a couple hundred km. As for the solinoid i have no idea.

CThiessen

Reaction score
Ya I just bought the rubber plugs today and they just needed to be set.
Thanks. As for the solenoid I just went and bought a new winch instead of p*ssing around with the old one.

Philster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pitbulll.webs.com
I finally got the brakes fixed now I have discovered that my solenoid for my winch is pooched. Does anyone know where to get one?

Too late to help you obviuosly but maybe the information may help someone
else.
I found cheaper winch's at

Liquidation Station at 16137 132 Ave Edmonton AB.

they also sell the electronic solenoid(relay) for 19.95.It's probably made in
China but if it work's it work's.
:):)

Top Bottom