I hereby leave.....

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry nothing to leave to anyone yet but ya never know. For a basic Will do those Do It Yourself will forms you can buy are they any good, do they hold up in court????

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I paid to get mine done for just for a piece of mind. Changed it when our son was born. Spending a few dollars for a legal piece of paper is well worth it imo. The other day I was talking about the will and the cost of it as we were looking at a used car at a dealer's lot and there is a documentian fee of $500.00 which is complete bull.....

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Know nothing about them but you do see the forms for sale in a lot of places. The Lawyer sounds like a good start.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
A Notary Public can also do them. They would be cheaper than a lawyer. I am not familiar with the quality of a will from a Notary Public but I would think all thinks would have to be above board.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having your wishes scratched down on a piece of paper, is way better than having nothing at all.
That being said, wether yah do your own, or if you want to have the piece of mind of having a lawyer do one, make sure yah tell someone where yah put it.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When my dad found out he had cancer he did the do it your self will kit. He had one asset his house. My common law wife at the time signed as a witness, last name not the same, every thing was classified as invalid after he passed cuz she signed and was my wife

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get one. Had a friend pass a few yrs ago unexpectedly, free spirit kind of guy who never thought much about that stuff. Watching what his wife had to go through was terrible. Couldn't sell/get rid of truck because it was in his name. Change Bill's etc. List goes on and on. If you have family, best 500$ for piece of mind.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
The kits are fairly basic, we did ours at a lawyers and it was the best $500.00 I have ever spent. I have heard about many issues and loopholes with the cheap will kits, just my opinion.

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, spend the money. And go to the bank and make sure everything there has an executor registered too. Recently saw a good friends dad go thru a 6 month legal gong show to get the 20k in his deceased wife’s savings account, even tho the majority of their assets were joint.

Made sure I listed my wife as a director on my holdco etc after seeing that.

My will was about $750-800 if I remember, but also included a very specific separate directive for custody of my children under different circumstances, as well as multiple executors. So a bit more than basic, but I’m an over insured kinda guy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom