I guess we're not allowed to warn fellow sledheads

bubba700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was Part of this group but not in the same room or cabin.
This was the feeling I got for what I paid for.
The service was far from stellar, Wait staff wouldn't hack it at a normal resturant. Seemed put out to even have to help people. Drying room at the lodge wasn't ever even warm enought to dry gear in. Internet was a joke, Gassing up there is a joke, pool closing at 9 just retarded when you think about it. Ride till 6 go down to eat for a few hours and you have no time to even use the hot tub.

For what you pay for you get not alot in return, heck in the states we wouldn't expect to pay more than a 100$ a night for what they deliver. I plan on coming back to revy in years to come and will bring my normal riding buds and I can promise I will never stay there again.

snow_knight

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bubba.. have you heard the good part yet???

About them trying to rob us out of over $3k for damages done to our cabin????

bubba700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bubba.. have you heard the good part yet???

About them trying to rob us out of over $3k for damages done to our cabin????

yea, just figured im not directly involved so I would only speak on my first hand stuff.

And while Im thinking about it, talk about small portions at dinner, you would think they would give man size protions for what they charge.

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow cant believe how long the spelling contest went for. That was two minutes of my life that I will never get back. LOL.
Not a big deel. LOL. deal. :realmad::eek:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we did break 3 chairs that were very weak and wobbly prior to our arrival.

3- 250lb + fellas in the cabin. I will pay for that. The rest I WILL NOT accept responsibility for!

Wow, how bad did your back hurt after you sat on a faulty neglected chair??? Maybe you should threaten a law suit and see how they react to that. I know thats playin dirty but if they want to play ball...batter up!!

paparattler

Reaction score
well i have stayed there right from day one,with my sons and friends,at least a dozen times and camped there in the summertime for 10 bucks a day with access to all facilities.
our experience is a 10,no less.alex and lia are very hard workers and fair with everybody.but we have seen some real jerk sledders and drunks,matter of fact we stayed in a room which was cleaned of blood and holes in the wall from the night before.that's the kind of ch!t they put up with.so quit your wining and crying already and get a grip and start behaving like responsible
adults and have a GOOD time.
we will keep supporting GLACIER HOUSE.we have always had a great time there.keep up the good work ALEX and LIA.
paparattler

bubba700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i have stayed there right from day one,with my sons and friends,at least a dozen times and camped there in the summertime for 10 bucks a day with access to all facilities.
our experience is a 10,no less.alex and lia are very hard workers and fair with everybody.but we have seen some real jerk sledders and drunks,matter of fact we stayed in a room which was cleaned of blood and holes in the wall from the night before.that's the kind of ch!t they put up with.so quit your wining and crying already and get a grip and start behaving like responsible
we will keep supporting GLACIER HOUSE.we have always had a great time there.keep up the good work ALEX and LIA.
paparattler

1. Good for you on having great experience.
2. Just because you have been treated good , don't assume that they treat everyone that way.
3. I witnessed a bunch of what went on with the recent group and honestly they should be pissed.
So unless you have first hand knowledge about what they were talking about maybe you should STFU. Sincerely Bubba;)

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
1. Good for you on having great experience.
2. Just because you have been treated good , don't assume that they treat everyone that way.
3. I witnessed a bunch of what went on with the recent group and honestly they should be pissed.
So unless you have first hand knowledge about what they were talking about maybe you should stfu. Sincerely bubba;)

buuba's cabin wasn't treated the way some of the rest of the group was??

bubba700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buuba's cabin wasn't treated the way some of the rest of the group was??

Me and another guy had a room in the lodge, I didn't book it. If you look back I posted a lil about what I thought of GH. Just get pissed when I hear people tell others to not whine or what not when they have no clue what went on.
If you have an experience post it, but dont start spouting off about what others went through when you have no first hand knowledge of the events.

G

Guest1

Look guys I never pulled the thread and I don't know who did, but I know the "Sled Revelstoke" site itself asked that it be removed as GH is a major sponsor of the Revy website and the local sled club, and in todays economy, most websites &/or clubs need monetary support. I don't believe glacier house even read it, but that "Sled Revelstoke" themselves did, and that they must be aware of the situations.

Is the GH still for sale? I know it was a couple of years ago (I believe it was several mil). I know they want to dump it so I would doubt they are spending any cash updating or repairing or replacing furniture.

As far as the club needing monetary support I get that but maybe if the club/society stepped up and supported events (GOT BIS) that bring huge $$$ to Revy they wouldn't have to rely on places like the GH for sponsorship.

Moderators: Why don't you email a page(or all the pages) of that thread to the Glacier house so that they are made aware of what people are saying, they can respond or not...Or make changes to the way they run their outfit.

LMPhAO!!! save the paper...owner doesn't give a CH!T and they never will.

MY $0.02

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our experience is a 10,no less.alex and lia are very hard workers and fair with everybody.but we have seen some real jerk sledders and drunks,matter of fact we stayed in a room which was cleaned of blood and holes in the wall from the night before.that's the kind of ch!t they put up with.so quit your wining and crying already and get a grip and start behaving like responsible
adults and have a good time.
We will keep supporting glacier house.we have always had a great time there.keep up the good work alex and lia.
Paparattler

then be happy you didnt experiance what we did then! What cabin had the blood? Because there was blood all over the deck and rails at are cabin!!!!!

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
paparattler

well your the only one!!as both me and my wife had worked there and you don't want to no what kind stuff they do to people.its sick and close as you can to legal robbery.It needs to be sold to sled lov'in people not money hungry,and they no you'll spend.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Is the GH still for sale? I know it was a couple of years ago (I believe it was several mil). I know they want to dump it so I would doubt they are spending any cash updating or repairing or replacing furniture.

5 mil...we have 26 investors so far...another 4974 and we can have it for a grand a piece

Bogger

G

Guest1

5 mil...we have 26 investors so far...another 4974 and we can have it for a grand a piece Bogger

LMPhAO!!!

When you get it install a wicked sound and light system, hire a few HOT ladies ... then rent the rooms by the 1/2 hour ;) :beer:

papafinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't forget the midget weslting! and I believe its only 3m

Oh chit. only 3 mil. If that was the case I would have cutt them a check right there.:d:d Minus a few grand of coarse:d:d

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
"Total of 36 rooms- 80-90 beds The lodge is well maintained and all systems are in excellent working order."

Whata you guys talking about the ad says it is well maintained and everything is in EXCELLENT working order....steal of a deal....tell ya if I won the lottery I'd throw a 4mil offer out there right now....be the perfect semi retirement....

pipe dreams.....:beer:

W

woodies

Interesting that 65% of the incomes from sledders! Nice way to treat your bread and butter!

Top Bottom