I guess we're not allowed to warn fellow sledheads

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was it a thread on here that got pulled? That's not right, information good or bad should be permitted. If GH disagrees, then let them come on here and tell their side of the story. I don't agree with the name calling etc... but objective facts should never be removed or edited....

Yes, it was a thread that got pulled... if you read the first post in this thread and the few following, it kinda gives you the history about how, why, when it got pulled. But then this thread turns into basically the same thing that the last thread was, so I was just curious how this one has survived so long ??? Not that I care... freedom of speech is a beautiful thing!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Yes, it was a thread that got pulled... if you read the first post in this thread and the few following, it kinda gives you the history about how, why, when it got pulled. But then this thread turns into basically the same thing that the last thread was, so I was just curious how this one has survived so long ??? Not that I care... freedom of speech is a beautiful thing!

I can assure you that there was alot more to it than what meets Your eye. The last thread had some permenant damaging consequences and not just to the business in question.It had nothing to do with your freedom of speech.

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Guys, I was planning on hitting Revy next weekend for the first time and staying at GH... what's all this history and bad service? Can someone post some details or PM me?
What's the best/cheapest place to stay in Revy if the GH has problems?
Thanks & Cheers, :beer:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can assure you that there was alot more to it than what meets Your eye. The last thread had some permenant damaging consequences and not just to the business in question.It had nothing to do with your freedom of speech.

Please don't think I was questioning your judgement as to what stays and what goes on this forum... that was not my intent at all. IF you say the story is much deeper than what meets the eye, then I believe you. Freedom of speech only works as long as it doesnt impinge on the freedoms of others, right? That's your job to determine, not mine, and I think you are doing a fine job!!

Cheers and beers,fine moderator!!

krazy ken

Reaction score
Whats the use a a forum if you can not write your experience with the sponser good o0r bad. Is'nt this what it isd All about. GOOD OR BAD !!!

usare

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do know why it was pulled, so if you want my story of what happened just pm me as i have answered about 10 pm's over this past weekend, I'm more than happy to do that for members on here, just trying to get it out there.

Scuba

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya no worries boys. We made our point and got to vent a bit. You all know where I stand and we are not done with them yet. There are enough people that knew already what we were talking about and that message will ring loud and clear. Don't worry about putting it back on.

On that note...heres to the good service and hospitality at the Monishee, Hillcrest, etc, etc....
Hi guys

Could u give me the heads up so I don't have anything happen to me.

Thanks Barry

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys, I was planning on hitting Revy next weekend for the first time and staying at GH... what's all this history and bad service? Can someone post some details or PM me?
What's the best/cheapest place to stay in Revy if the GH has problems?
Thanks & Cheers, :beer:

We just stayed at Peaks what a great place.You can leave right from the Hotel,get your trail passes, and get fuel if you need it.They have everything right there and good food.It,s my new place to stay.

Masterquadman

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have not been to Revy yet. I just bought some sleds last year and am looking forward to exploring the area. I read the previous thread about GH and found the info most valuable. However, they are a sponsor of our sport and seem to offer what I am looking for, as far as amenities and sled to your door convenience, that is. I checked a hotel review website to see what other customers had to say. There were some good reviews and some bad (GH did defend themselves toward the bad comments). But, the overall rating was better that some of the other places mentioned here. Anyway, I am still on the fence on this one. Maybe GH will reply to the comments here, both good and bad to show that they care about the customer! Don't tell me they quit caring about the customer!!!:confused:

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have not been to Revy yet. I just bought some sleds last year and am looking forward to exploring the area. I read the previous thread about GH and found the info most valuable. However, they are a sponsor of our sport and seem to offer what I am looking for, as far as amenities and sled to your door convenience, that is. I checked a hotel review website to see what other customers had to say. There were some good reviews and some bad (GH did defend themselves toward the bad comments). But, the overall rating was better that some of the other places mentioned here. Anyway, I am still on the fence on this one. Maybe GH will reply to the comments here, both good and bad to show that they care about the customer! Don't tell me they quit caring about the customer!!!:confused:

Many of us have evidence that they do not care..no use getting into it..your call..I personally will never darken their door again and neither will many others...those are all the same reasons we stayed there...we drive to town..its only a few minutes...

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They won't reply to anything, hell they wouldn't even give an apology for dumping a load of snow on my $65000 truck last year for parking my truck and 30ft enclosed trailer on the side of the road while i was in visiting some there guest who spent a large amount of money for convenience and they couldn't have been bothered to fix there hot tub. If the convenience is sledding out of your cabin then you are barking up the right tree, but trust the comments cause you will be driving to town anyways for fuel cause as you will read there's is the shits along with everything else. You be the judge cause there's not to many repeat customers.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Peaks get new ownership in the past cpl seasons???
There were issues there as well over the yrs I believe!!!

Yes, they did get new owners. We rolled in last year (March I believe) and they had only been there a few months. Things were still disorganized and a little haywire, but they were working their azzes off to get it right!

So, we gave it a try in November, and it was sooo much better. Everything was cleaner, more organized, food was good, service was fast. Alex, one of the owners bent over backwards to accomodate us. We arrived midnight the first night, mentioned getting beacons in the morning as we were checking in. Low and behold, we wake up and go downstairs and Alex has our beacons waiting... and that is just one story of many that I could tell you where he really went above and beyond.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Sledderdoc and I stayed at PEAKS LODGE on our way back from picking up my boat in penticton. wasn't sled season but we had ZERO complaints, rooms were clean, shower was like 150psi, food was AWESOME and everyone was freindly.

Yes, they did get new owners. We rolled in last year (March I believe) and they had only been there a few months. Things were still disorganized and a little haywire, but they were working their azzes off to get it right!

So, we gave it a try in November, and it was sooo much better. Everything was cleaner, more organized, food was good, service was fast. Alex, one of the owners bent over backwards to accomodate us. We arrived midnight the first night, mentioned getting beacons in the morning as we were checking in. Low and behold, we wake up and go downstairs and Alex has our beacons waiting... and that is just one story of many that I could tell you where he really went above and beyond.

Last edited:

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No the last few comments were about the peaks lodge, not GH. The peaks has new ownership and glacier still has the same pinhead running it.

hilinerider

Reaction score
No the last few comments were about the peaks lodge, not GH. The peaks has new ownership and glacier still has the same pinhead running it.

bummer!!!!!!!!! the gh has so much potential with the right people:(

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
come on loto max then i will buy that glacier house and then i will show the sledders how much i appreciate there money :d

Top Bottom