2011 Highlites of the season

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well fellow snow and mudders, figured i would start a topic regarding some of our best, and worst experiences of the season. For allot of people the quadding season is ending soon, and thoought it would be nice to see some stories of what others have experienced over the riding season. Feel free to share your tales of triumph and defeat in gods country.I will start it off:
Although the summer season went by so very fast this year, it was one of the most memorable ones for myself and family, we had the luxury of finally meeting some great folks from this site, who enjoy the same interests, and the sport, as well as the outdoors. Spent an entire week at the Bighorn with Arff, and his wife Val. Gforce, and Doreen (sorry guys i cant remember your wives screen names), Lots of fun was had on this trip, busted the first axle on the xmr ....... saw that coming lol. Mid season we had the pleasure of going out to southfork for the first time with Arff , Val, and of course cant forget the carrot eating pooch Emma, and were later joined by Tex. (seems he loves the mud too, will have to remember this for some kind of getting real dirty contest later on), was a great trip no breakdowns, and lots of mud to be found.********* Note to self dont allow kiddo to mix my drinks all night anymore***** Next up we found out way top a spot down the trunk road where the nightmare began.............30 km east of Nordegg smoked a deer on out way to meet Rzrgade, and his wife..... This was not a great evening, needless to say ripped what was left of the front end off the truck and tossed it in the box, plugged the rad hoses that were leaking, and the transcooler, and coased to Nordegg to find the service station shutting off the lights...........Oh Snap, well there were a few other words too but keeping it clean. Filled the truck back up with H20 and headed to the bighorn again , just to find out i missed a text stating Rzrgade did find a spot along the trunk road beside the north sask headed towar the north ram river. So we backtrack 40 km, and finally arrive at about 10:30 pm, and have a beer or3. Morning arrives and I survey the damages, looks nasty blood and chunks form bumper, all the way to the back of the 40 ft trailer, rad gone, transcooler, done, all the essentials really........crappy deal .... fast forward 3 day of mediocre riding, trails kinda sucked , but scenery was nice.
Tow truck shows up, loads the truck, hooks onto the toyhauler and hauls my brand new truck 340 km back home....ok that was 1700.00, repairs to the truck are another 6k...........ever have one of them weekends where you shoulda stayed home?
Now the truck is finally repaired and headed out to what will be our last trip of the year to the suds and buds gathering on the sept long weekend, hopefully will be a better run this time, and looking forward to meeting some more great folks form Snow & Mud, thanks to all for making this season a great one :cool::beer:

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2011 highlight / low light. Canada Day long wknd. I rolled my trx at 80kp/h or so. Hyroplaned a puddle on a fire road. Was too far sideways when I made it to the dry stuff on the other side. I tipped over and didn't slide or tumble or roll or anything. I just buried my shoulder into the ground and stopped in a hurry. Stood up. Saw my quad upside down still running. Walked over. Put it on the side no problem. Putting it all the way over onto the wheels required more then 1 attempt. So as as sit on my quad on the side of the trail with my arm hanging low I notice the sun is going down and I don't hear any other motors near me. I sure felt alone and was getting concerned. A few hours later I found myself at the westlock hospital getting X-rayed from 13 different angles. I also learned I don't like morphine. The doctor said a special sort of things have to happen to only fracture a scapula and not destroy everything else. That was my most memorable experince for 2011. live and learn.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well having to go quadin with arff and imdooin.... enough said i guess.....

imdooin likes to roll over in every water crossing there is [ but has had 2 rides with out but that will change ]

Top Bottom