I guess we're not allowed to warn fellow sledheads

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i guess the Glacier house thread got pulled but hopefully most of you saw the post and the service that we received wasn't up to par for what you pay. If you didn't read it your more that welcome to PM myself, milton, dobir, catwomen, jeepchic, and medicmatt and anyone of us will explain what happen to us.

Scuba

Last edited by a moderator:

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good thought Scuba , afterall , we should all be looking out for one another regardless of others who choose to avoid the facts and abuse their power!!

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didnt get a chance to read it but if its like any of my encounters with them it likely involved you paying them a lot of cash.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't believe that got pulled?!? That was some good stuff! I found it quite comical, Their was no bad language or aything. I'll have to admit you guys handled it quite well. It's unfortunite that somone else is just going to go through the same thing that happened to you guys this past weekend becasue the thread got pulled. It can be avoided and you guys were simply looking out for fellow riders. Do you know why it got pulled? Was it somone from "GH" that read it? Perhaps they should have been on here defending themslevs? Oh that's right probibly nothing to defend so simply delete it then nobody knows what happened and will continue to happen to the next group and on and on and on.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i can't believe that got pulled?!? That was some good stuff! I found it quite comical, their was no bad language or aything. I'll have to admit you guys handled it quite well. It's unfortunite that somone else is just going to go through the same thing that happened to you guys this past weekend becasue the thread got pulled. It can be avoided and you guys were simply looking out for fellow riders. Do you know why it got pulled? Was it somone from "gh" that read it? Perhaps they should have been on here defending themslevs? Oh that's right probibly nothing to defend so simply delete it then nobody knows what happened and will continue to happen to the next group and on and on and on.

Look guys..... I never pulled the thread and I don't know who did, but I know the "Sled Revelstoke" site itself asked that it be removed as GH is a major sponsor of the Revy website and the local sled club, and in todays economy, most websites &/or clubs need monetary support.
I don't believe glacier house even read it, but that "Sled Revelstoke" themselves did, and that they must be aware of the situations .....
If you have further concerns, maybe let "Sled Revelstoke" know, directly....? Just my 2cents worth.
So in other words, there is "nobody" on a power trip, and I agree, that problems should be posted to protect other sledders from the same thing...... But, i also believe that "what comes around, goes around".

Last edited:

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I totally understand what your saying .......We are just venting our frustrations !!
Trying to prevent further abuse to others!! I will stop , and your right , every dog has his day ........Afterall, it is what it is!!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wish everyone was as understanding as you guys,Well said ric,sometimes even when were not at fault we dont look very nice to our members.This has been an issue on here before and was removed for the same political reasons and that tell me that people hear things and word gets around pretty fast in the sledding community even without the net!
I also am a firm believer of what comes around goes around!
catmando!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The thread is in moderation till I have time tonight to review as it was getting out of control. I will review and make a decision. I had this same issue on the same topic when this site was new 2 years back and it got ugly.

And who says running and moderating a site was easy.:rolleyes:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Karma is a Biotch. Thanks for the heads up and please PM one of the above mentioned for details on there experience.
Some of our decisions we as mod's have to make are sometimes disputed by members but like mentioned there are underlying factors that we base our desicions on and sometimes these factors can't always be disclosed. Thats just the nature of the beast. Please realize that there is no power tripping going on and most of the decisions we have to make are not based on our own personal opinions. Its tough sometimes but having such a large group of awsome understanding members helps us out big time. My 2 cents. Cheerz :beer:

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Upon reading through this thread , i realized it sounds like I am saying the moderators were abusing their power ........I apologize for the way i wrote it , I actually meant the abuse of power and location of the above mentioned parties , I in no way meant to disrespect the moderators , I realize the tough jobs you all have placed upon you , and appreciate all that you do .......My apologies for the miscommunication portrayed by my message........
Jacki

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
please realize that there is no power tripping going on and most of the decisions we have to make are not based on our own personal opinions. Cheerz :beer:

we too had and "experience" at the gh some time ago, and i wanted to talk about that, but water under the carpet now..... Had to bite my tongue reading the thread........'nuff said!:)

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya no worries boys. We made our point and got to vent a bit. You all know where I stand and we are not done with them yet. There are enough people that knew already what we were talking about and that message will ring loud and clear. Don't worry about putting it back on.

On that note...heres to the good service and hospitality at the Monishee, Hillcrest, etc, etc....

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
personally I do not envy the posiition of the mods, and I think most of the S&M regulars had a chance to view the thread before it was pulled.

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
it is too bad that this experince did happen, i must say tho, i have had good times and exp with GH, been there around 10-12 times and it has been good. I trust that the opinions have been stated to Alex and changes will be made. It is proper to share both positive and neg experiences and that is why im adding this to the thread

my .43 cents worth

papafinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
personally I do not envy the posiition of the mods, and I think most of the S&M regulars had a chance to view the thread before it was pulled.

We certainly did am were watching closely.

This is of concern to me since 30 or so peeps from max thread will be ascending upon GH early in March. I hope that your opinions are heard loud enough (selfishly) if only to help make our stay a good and memorable one.

Promise we will be posting our experience either way..

Thanks for all the updates and mods you are doing a fantastic job...

papa

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was that the thread where someone from a certain accommodations facility dumped a bobcat bucket full of snow mixed with gravel on the hood of someone's $60K rig, for a perceived parking infraction? I think I saw that thread....won't be staying there on our March trip....thanks for the enlightenment. :beer:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our group has stayed there a few times and its been not too bad. i even had my stag there last year in april and we were loud and would not be surprised if we made some people mad at night (sorry) and we never had any problems with them. After reading the "thread in question" i will be hesitant to stay there again. The whole snow on the hood would not go over very good.

M

mattmedic

Look guys..... I never pulled the thread and I don't know who did, but I know the "Sled Revelstoke" site itself asked that it be removed as GH is a major sponsor of the Revy website and the local sled club, and in todays economy, most websites &/or clubs need monetary support.
I don't believe glacier house even read it, but that "Sled Revelstoke" themselves did, and that they must be aware of the situations .....
If you have further concerns, maybe let "Sled Revelstoke" know, directly....? Just my 2cents worth.
So in other words, there is "nobody" on a power trip, and I agree, that problems should be posted to protect other sledders from the same thing...... But, i also believe that "what comes around, goes around".

:d Summitric, to start i think yourself and other mods are doing a great job, keep it up, The point was voiced weather or not people agreed with it or don't is their choice,
What concerns me is that if the "sled revy" site was upset, they should also try to rectify the issues stated in the earlier post with the "GH" instead of just requesting posts be pulled , as well as discussing with those involved.

You stated that those involved should try to discuss concerns with "sled Revelstoke" i find it doubtfull that they want to hear any negitive responses weather in person or on a chat site , and they want to promote sledding ...period.... ;)

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Moderators:
Why don't you email a page(or all the pages) of that thread to the Glacier house so that they are made aware of what people are saying, they can respond or not...Or make changes to the way they run their outfit.

Top Bottom