I don't know what else to do help!

Mattjames

Reaction score
when i was learning, which I still am, I went on a ride with the guides at glacier house in revy. It was my first time riding in the mountains, like your sun, i couldn't get the hand of "riding on edge" one of the guides was seeing i was having some troubles. he gave me a bunch of addvise and i played with it but was still having some trouble. He then took me for a ride on my rental, I sat down and held onto the mountain bar, he stood up and started making the sled dance around. This by far made the difference in learning what it actually feels like when the sled starts to come up on edge. what it feels like when you are going to far over and when you need to give her a little more power or let off. Not sure if you have tried this yet but if not throw him on your sled and take him for a ride and show him what it feels like to do the maneuvers. Best of all when the guide was bringing me back to his sled so he could get off he slammed it into a doughnut and bucked both of us off the sled. Then he said "see it wont hurt when you fall off"

give it a try, it may help more then you think, it did for me!

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tip it up on edge and stand there balancing it.
Slowly start to walk beside it.
Progress to wrong foot forward on the board and hopping beside it.
The next step is to travel forward dragging the outside foot.
The rest should come naturally.

Turts, typing on Tapatalk

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when i was learning, which I still am, I went on a ride with the guides at glacier house in revy. It was my first time riding in the mountains, like your sun, i couldn't get the hand of "riding on edge" one of the guides was seeing i was having some troubles. he gave me a bunch of addvise and i played with it but was still having some trouble. He then took me for a ride on my rental, I sat down and held onto the mountain bar, he stood up and started making the sled dance around. This by far made the difference in learning what it actually feels like when the sled starts to come up on edge. what it feels like when you are going to far over and when you need to give her a little more power or let off. Not sure if you have tried this yet but if not throw him on your sled and take him for a ride and show him what it feels like to do the maneuvers. Best of all when the guide was bringing me back to his sled so he could get off he slammed it into a doughnut and bucked both of us off the sled. Then he said "see it wont hurt when you fall off"

give it a try, it may help more then you think, it did for me!

x2
taken quite a few beginners and new riders out and this is definately a good thing to try and do.

Top Bottom