Hurtin’ Bertans are miserable! News headline!

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who wants to work 12s, 7 days a week? and for 30$/hr? sounds like slavery... I want 200K, a work/life balance, short commute to work and riding areas lol

Don't forget a company truck and credit card for "incidentals". 8 weeks paid vacay, bennies and pension.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's right. A pension income is more than that.
Good luck with 100k pension. I guess I was wrong all this time. I thought my Finning db pension was a good one but it's not in the 100k income. Not sure if I have ever met anyone with a 100k pension?

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Already picking at each other and snow has only been gone for about a month, going to be a long summer on snow and mud! Life is great in almost every province in this beautiful country. Enjoy what we have, make money where you can and show compassion to your fellow snow and mud dears.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never said that Lilduke! I said Bertans are miserable, negative, batchin, snivelin, complaining bout politix, glass half empty kinda peeps.
Bahahahaha!!
C66F9225-2929-4D16-AA69-7916F575A334.jpeg

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck with 100k pension. I guess I was wrong all this time. I thought my Finning db pension was a good one but it's not in the 100k income. Not sure if I have ever met anyone with a 100k pension?

Virtually any politician does.....

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who wants to work 12s, 7 days a week? and for 30$/hr? sounds like slavery... I want 200K, a work/life balance, short commute to work and riding areas lol

Work for yourself, $200k isn't hard and can somewhat choose work/life balance. Never going to get well off making someone else money.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, as an example one of my former co workers was the head electrical engineer for multi national oil and gas company with a DB pension at 2 percent per year of service to a max of 70 percent. He had 35 years service and a FAYE of 212k per year with a 30 percent annual bonus. Bonus is capped at 20 percent for pensionable earnings calculation giving him 254,400 x.7 = 178,080 annual lifetime pension indexed to inflation. Mind boggling I know but there people with pensions like that out there.

I guess you can say he is lucky to have made it 35 years and in the old db plan, No body gets that anymore.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Work for yourself, $200k isn't hard and can somewhat choose work/life balance. Never going to get well off making someone else money.
This is very dependant on trade or job choice... as alot of oilfield peeps can relate to. Timing is a huge thing. Like the roll of a dice it can go either way

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, as an example one of my former co workers was the head electrical engineer for multi national oil and gas company with a DB pension at 2 percent per year of service to a max of 70 percent. He had 35 years service and a FAYE of 212k per year with a 30 percent annual bonus. Bonus is capped at 20 percent for pensionable earnings calculation giving him 254,400 x.7 = 178,080 annual lifetime pension indexed to inflation. Mind boggling I know but there people with pensions like that out there.

I guess you can say he is lucky to have made it 35 years and in the old db plan, No body gets that anymore.
Way off topic but I highlighted the important part. My current job requires 10yrs service and being at least 40yrs old before being eligible for defined benefit. Even then I'm sure they would only go off base salary and exclude any type of bonus/OT/location allowance etc. I'm not miserable about it though, just stating my current situation. I agree that most albertans need to chill the F out. ..

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well guys, I'll just say

I had my best year ever, even with covid bs going on

I've made more in bring cash, than Berta in boom times being a machanick

I left in 13 before the ch!t hit the fan

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
JB Marine is for sale. You could buy yourself a job.
Buddy of mine and me, looked into it

I'm just not really a boat fixer guy, it's too slacked in the cold months, which is good for sledding, but not for pay checks and braaaap gas lol

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure hope even half of that optimism comes true. Dear Leader Trudeau will probably ban lithium extraction the way he's going.

For now pipeline and general construction seems to be going full tilt here. We have a lot of equipment slated to go to work this year.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as someone starts buying and burning diesel and the jets start flying people places.... "everyting gonna be alright mon"

Id be real happy to see some more wellsite shacks get rented and maybe even some new holes get punched.

TONS of reclamation in the next decades. the next oil patch boom will be cleaning up the old wells of the real oil patch....

but the saudis are now investing in vidiya games now instead of oil so I dunno....

Top Bottom