Hurtin’ Bertans are miserable! News headline!

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
I’ve been saying Albertans are miserable for years! Now it’s made news headlines! Bahahahaha you miserable clucks! Smarten up Bertans and learn to laugh, quit yer bitchen and enjoy life!
6423CA8C-E060-4A8F-9A8E-E017840688D5.jpeg

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trying to get out - hoping to find a job somewhere in South central BC fixing powersports equipment or something along those lines any help is appreciated - mental health is everything

Reactions: RXN

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty happy, going to pass 100k with next paycheque, God bless the oilpatch piggybank
Let the unhappy ones keep collecting EI or CERB and see how they really feel in another year lol.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Trying to get out - hoping to find a job somewhere in South central BC fixing powersports equipment or something along those lines any help is appreciated - mental health is everything
It’s pretty hard to make a living in small town BC. The good jobs are taken by the locals and there’s not a lot of industry usually. The normal course is that peeps move to the dream BC town and after a year, there’s no work, there’s harsh gross weather in winter and then they inevitably move back or away. The other option is a bigger city but then housing is a real issue. I don’t wanna be a Debbie downer but just passing on the info for your leaving Alberta tool kit. Cheers and good luck in future endeavours!

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s pretty hard to make a living in small town BC. The good jobs are taken by the locals and there’s not a lot of industry usually. The normal course is that peeps move to the dream BC town and after a year, there’s no work, there’s harsh gross weather in winter and then they inevitably move back or away. The other option is a bigger city but then housing is a real issue. I don’t wanna be a Debbie downer but just passing on the info for your leaving Alberta tool kit. Cheers and good luck in future endeavours!
Ya she's gonna be a tuff go - I met a guy once that lived in a tarp and plywood shed in the trees @ 5mile Creek in Nelson in the mid 90's across from Balfour maybe he could use a neighbor I got enough for a few sheets of plywood

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you hit the nail on the head brother. Totally most beautiful place all of Canada, but unless a person wants to be dirt poor they cannot survive :(

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya she's gonna be a tuff go - I met a guy once that lived in a tarp and plywood shed in the trees @ 5mile Creek in Nelson in the mid 90's across from Balfour maybe he could use a neighbor I got enough for a few sheets of plywood
Old school buses are popular housing options too. Haha

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you hit the nail on the head brother. Totally most beautiful place all of Canada, but unless a person wants to be dirt poor they cannot survive :(
I know tons of people that have moved to BC and are doing extremely well. If you give up without even trying, yeah it aint going to happen...

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Motortech in Golden was looking for mechanics a while back, maybe still are!!
Hoping for Salmon arm cause I just love eagles pass so much - or maybe Nelson but I'd have to get a Polaris cuz the dirty would have a tuff time in Nelson I bet

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hoping for Salmon arm cause I just love eagles pass so much - or maybe Nelson but I'd have to get a Polaris cuz the dirty would have a tuff time in Nelson I bet
Check with tex on here. He may know someone looking in that part of the world?

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Teck in Sparwood usually have open job positions. Ya never the riding around here sucks

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don’t do Nelson... unless you’re a commie. They vote 85-95% NDP/Greens in the Nelson area...biggest gathering of pinkos in all of BC.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know tons of people that have moved to BC and are doing extremely well. If you give up without even trying, yeah it aint going to happen...
true, but I like making 100k a year minimum, not 45k

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You dont think anyone in BC makes 100k? Lol

100k isnt even a good wage....
yup.
I know lots of people making 100k and live in BC. Come to work here in the province of plenty and run back home to Bring Cash

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup.
I know lots of people making 100k and live in BC. Come to work here in the province of plenty and run back home to Bring Cash
You could do that too maybe. I know multi millionaires that live there full time. If you cant make a go of it, thats a you problem. Not a bc problem...

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could do that too maybe. I know multi millionaires that live there full time. If you cant make a go of it, thats a you problem. Not a bc problem...
how many places in small town offer 30 buck an hour starting with 12 hours shifts 7 days a week? And no not some union place where someones uncles brothers knows a person who knows a person.
Please let me know and I will uproot tommorow!!
If I wanted a stress free life planting trees or picking fruit for 14 an hour and living in staff housing with temporary foreign workers at a foreign own farm I would do that too, but I cannot bring myself to that living situation. Maybe I should apply at the fish gutting factory in Tofino and live off the land like the hundreds of others that do.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how many places in small town offer 30 buck an hour starting with 12 hours shifts 7 days a week? And no not some union place where someones uncles brothers knows a person who knows a person.
Please let me know and I will uproot tommorow!!
If I wanted a stress free life planting trees or picking fruit for 14 an hour and living in staff housing with temporary foreign workers at a foreign own farm I would do that too, but I cannot bring myself to that living situation. Maybe I should apply at the fish gutting factory in Tofino and live off the land like the hundreds of others that do.
CN rail pays good , lumber mills pay good, trades pay good, equipment operator, road construction, logging. Ext ext Or you could always start your own operation.

But not with that cant do attitude.

Kanedog is right, albertans are whinners ...

Last edited:
Top Bottom