Hunting season '08

uncle_buck

Reaction score
4 of us got our bullmoose draw this year in WMU 350 so should be a good time takeing my 15 year old daughter she just got her hunter training so the girl is PUMPED for her first whitetail so I must concentrate on her deer to oh she love chicken we must take a .22 aswell. good luck and safe huntin!!:d

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question for all the hunters. How many animals have you seen out there this summer while riding? And how about the chicken (grouse) population anyone seen any?
there are lots of prairie chickens around here for sure, just this saturday my boys and I were bicycle riding on some trails out at the lake and must have seen a dozen or more.

there is a cow and calf moose living in the swamp north of my house, and mulies in the yard every morning. saw a herd of elk south of Manning the other day, must've been a couple dozen of them.

seems like the critters around here have had a few good years.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my Moose and Mule deer draw this year down in 312....I went sheep hunting down on the ram river for opening day, got 92 yards from three rams and the biggest one was 3/4 of an inch from legal...maybe next time. Good luck to the rest of you!! as I fill my tags I will post some pictures.:d

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hit a seagull with the TUNDRA today that was my hunting hehe

Apex162

Reaction score
after 6 yrs got my Antelope Draw for southern Alberta, looking forward.

wellluck

Reaction score
Both mule deer draws. Can take 2 does. Son got drawn for cow elk in 332 so we'll have to go out there and give her a go. Went for a drive the other night and saw a muley buck that made my eyes bug out. Sure hope I bump into him again in a couple months.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are some pictures from a sheep hunt a couple of weeks ago.:d

Attachments

• DSCF1086.JPG
    DSCF1086.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCF1088.JPG
    DSCF1088.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 66

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What the heck kinda rifle u packin there NOSRX1

Its a 300 rem. ultra mag. I put a custom stock on it this year and glass bedded the action. Through a chronograph it is shoot a 180 gr barnes triple shock 3350ft/sec. With out the scope it is only 6 1/4lbs.:d

uncle_buck

Reaction score
well have been out once for deer this season but we are leaveing for a week the second week of nov. Cant wait

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got no draws but can still buy all my tags over the counter where I hunt. That's 1 good thing about bow hunting, no draws. Good luck everyone!

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nosrx1....thought I recognized that slope...spent alot years guiding in that zone and hunting it....plus the zone beside it....how was the headwaters cabin....full of pack rats..lol

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nosrx1....thought I recognized that slope...spent alot years guiding in that zone and hunting it....plus the zone beside it....how was the headwaters cabin....full of pack rats..lol

Never went into the headwaters cabin, Yeah its a great place to go sheep hunting. I will be going back there next year packing in a tent with horses. Get to were quads can't go I got some great info on places to look for good rams hope it works out.:d

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its definetely horse country...my camp is well past the headwaters cabin..got a dozen rams out of there over the years...we should sled together and talk sheep hunting...we did not go in there this year..you have a guide or wrangler...

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nos RX1..here are a couple shots you may like..a few good hunters, clients, and friends...the packing in shot I took leading the pack string up Canary..I am the guy on the right in every photo...lol

Attachments

• sheep8.jpg
    sheep8.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Sheep 1.jpg
    Sheep 1.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 52
  • sheep 4.jpg
    sheep 4.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 52
  • sheep 3.jpg
    sheep 3.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 51

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
couple more...this is the rainbow trail shot...

Attachments

• sheep 6.jpg
    sheep 6.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 56
  • sheep 7.jpg
    sheep 7.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 57
  • sheep 2.jpg
    sheep 2.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 56

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Dobir those are some great pictures!! For sure we should going sledding/sheep hunting chatting. This info I got on on where to look for rams is from a guy named Gerry he use to guide in there for years, My buddy did some horse training for him...Just a great guy willing to help us out lots...even drew us a map. So we are already planning for next year opening day hunt!, I just got a wall tent with stove...So I am stoked for next years hunt. PM me when you want to go for a rip in the snow.:d

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
.... Moose..... That cannot JUMP !

Attachments

• moose caught in fence 001 (Large).jpg
    moose caught in fence 001 (Large).jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 50
  • moose caught in fence 002 (Large).jpg
    moose caught in fence 002 (Large).jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 53
  • moose caught in fence 003 (Large).jpg
    moose caught in fence 003 (Large).jpg