Humor Us..

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
THE LAW IS THE LAW

So if the Canadian government determines that it is against the law for the words 'under God' to be on our money, then, so be it.

And if that same government decides that the
'Ten Commandments 'are not to be used in or on
a government installation, then, so be it.

I say, 'so be it,' because I would like to be a law abiding CDN citizen.

I say, 'so be it,' because I would like to think that smarter people than I are in positions to make good decisions.

I would like to think that those people have the Canadian public's best interests at heart.

BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'D LIKE?

Since we can't pray to God, can't Trust in God and cannot post His Commandments in Government buildings,

I don't believe the Government and its employees should participate in the Easter and Christmas celebrations which honor the God that our government is eliminating from many facets of Canadian life.

I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving, & Easter.

After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the ' CND Supreme Court to be in session on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter as well as Sundays.' After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the Senate and the House of Commons to not have to worry about getting home for the 'Christmas Break'
After all it's just another day.

I'm thinking that a lot of my taxpayer dollars could be saved,
if all government offices & services would work on Christmas, Good Friday & Easter.
It shouldn't cost any overtime since those would be
just like any other day of the week to a government that is trying to be 'politically correct.'
In fact....

I think that our government should work on Sundays
(initially set aside for worshiping God...)
because, after all, our government says that it should be just another day....
What do you all think????

If this idea gets to enough people, maybe our elected officials will stop giving in to the 'minority opinions' and begin, once again,
to represent the 'MAJORITY' of ALL of the Canadian people.
SO BE IT...........

Please Dear Lord,
Give us the help needed to keep you in our country!
'Amen' and 'Amen '

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
YUP-- THAT IS, AND PROBABLY ALWAYS WILL BE, THE DUMBEST IDEA EVER TO COME OUT OF THE HOUSE OF COMMONS, BESIDES THE GST(GOUGE & SCREW TAX)...... I HAVE TO STOP NOW, OR I WOULD RANT INTO TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!:realmad::realmad:

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
crazy_wheeler are you the author of this????

Either way I like it....I like it alot.....

I am forwarding this on....

If this gets sent to the Federal, Provincial, City and County goverment workers can you imagine the revolt.....:rant: ;)

I bet there are a few goverment workers that would aggree with removing God from goverment buildings, money and schools...wonder if they stay and work on any of the religious holidays.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PAUL HARVEY ON PRAYER
Paul Harvey says:

I don't believe in Santa Claus, but I'm not going to sue somebody for singing a Ho-Ho-Ho song in December.
I don't agree with Darwin, but I didn't go out and hire a lawyer when my high school teacher taught his theory of evolution.
Life, liberty or your pursuit of happiness will not be endangered because someone says a 30-second prayer before a football game.
So what's the big deal? It's not like somebody is up there reading the entire book of Acts. They're just talking to a God they believe in and asking him to grant safety to the players on the field and the fans going home from the game.
"But it's a Christian prayer," some will argue.
Yes, and this is the United States of America, a country founded on Christian principles. According to our very own phone book, Christian churches outnumber all others better than 200-to-1. So what would you expect-somebody chanting Hare Krishna?
If I went to a football game in Jerusalem, I would expect to hear a Jewish prayer.
If I went to a soccer game in Baghdad, I would expect to hear a Muslim prayer.
If I went to a ping pong match in China, I would expect to hear someone pray to Buddha.
And I wouldn't be offended.
It wouldn't bother me one bit.
When in Rome ..
"But what about the atheists?" is another argument?
What about them?
Nobody is asking them to be baptized. We're not going to pass the collection plate. Just humor us for 30 seconds. If that's asking too much, bring a Walkman or a pair of ear plugs. Go to the bathroom. Visit the concession stand. Call your lawyer!
Unfortunately, one or two will make that call. One or two will tell thousands what they can and cannot do.
I don't think a short prayer at a football game is going to shake the world's foundations. Christians are just sick and tired of turning the other cheek while our courts strip us of all our rights.
Our parents and grandparents taught us to pray before eating; to pray before we go to sleep.
Our Bible tells us to pray without ceasing.
Now a handful of people and their lawyers are telling us to cease praying.
God, help us.
And if that last sentence offends you, well ... just sue me.
The silent majority has been silent too long. It's time we let that one or two who scream loud enough to be heard
.... that the vast majority don't care what they want. It is time the majority rules! It's time we tell them, you don't have to pray;
you don't have to say the pledge of allegiance;
you don't have to believe in God or attend services that honor Him.
That is your right, and we will honor your right. But by golly, you are no longer going to take our rights away. We are fighting back ... and we WILL WIN!

God bless us one and all ... especially those who denounce Him.
God bless America, despite all her faults. She is still the greatest nation of all.
God bless our service men who are fighting to protect our right to pray and worship God.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HOW DID WE EVER SURVIVE?
Mom used to cut chicken, chop eggs and spread mayo on the same cutting board with the same knife and no bleach, but we didn't get food poisoning.
My Mom used to defrost hamburger on the counter, AND I used to eat a bite raw sometimes, too. Our school sandwiches were wrapped in wax paper, in a brown paper bag, not in icepack coolers, but I can't remember anybody getting e.coli.
Almost all of us would have rather gone swimming in the lake instead of a pristine pool (talk about boring), no beach closures then.
The term cell phone would have conjured up a phone in a jail cell, and a pager was the school PA system.
We all took gym, not PE...and risked permanent injury with a pair of hightop Ked's (only worn in gym) instead of having cross-training athletic shoes with air cushion soles and built-in light reflectors. I can't recall any injuries but they must have happened, because they tell us how much safer we are now.
Flunking gym was not an option...even for stupid kids! I guess PE must be much harder than gym.
Speaking of school, we all said prayers and sang the National Anthem, and staying in detention after school caught all sorts of negative attention. We must have had horribly damaged psyches.
What an archaic health system we had then. Remember school nurses? Ours wore a hat and everything, and she could even give you an aspirin for a headache or fever.
I thought that I was supposed to accomplish something before I was allowed to be proud of myself I just can't recall how bored we were without computers, Play Station, Nintendo, X-box or 270 digital TV cable stations.
Oh yeah...and where was the Benadryl and sterilization kit when I got that bee sting? I could have been killed!
We played 'king of the hill' on piles of gravel left on vacant construction sites, and when we got hurt, Mom pulled out the 48-cent bottle of Mercurochrome (kids liked it better because it didn't sting like iodine did) and then we got our butt spanked! Now it's a trip to the emergency room, followed by a 10-day dose of a $49 bottle of antibiotics, and then Mom calls the attorney to sue the contractor for leaving a horribly vicious pile of gravel where it was such a threat.
We didn't act up at the neighbor's house either, because if we did, we got our butt spanked there, and then we got butt spanked again when we got home. I recall Donny Reynolds from next door coming over and doing his tricks on the front stoop, just before he fell off. Little did his Mom know that she could have owned our house. Instead, she picked him up and swatted him for being such a goof.
It was a neighborhood run amuck.
To top it off, not a single person I knew had ever been told that they were from a "dysfunctional family". How could we possibly have known that we needed to get into group therapy and anger management classes? We were obviously so duped by so many societal ills, that we didn't even notice that the entire country wasn't taking Prozac! How did we ever survive?

BEST WISHES TO ALL OF US WHO SHARED THIS ERA,
AND TO ALL WHO DIDN'T---- SORRY FOR WHAT YOU MISSED. I WOULDN'T TRADE IT FOR ANYTHING!

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
grew up in the 60s on a farm no running water no electricity drank raw milk from the cows tit washed are hand only before we went to bed and all 9 kids in the family are still alive kids today wouldn"t survive 1 week

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know im game, kill the tv, the wii, cell phones, eliminate lawers and maybe even computers. I've been working since i was 15 and its been 2 jobs 7 days a week ten 12 hr days and kids complain if they have to they have to do a 5 hour shift at rotten ronnies

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I kinda like my country the way it is, minus the governmental voting system, but thats another topic all together...To those who can not manage to deal with our traditions/way of life, I suggest that there are 194 other countries in the world...move on.

Bogger:beer:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
THE LAW IS THE LAW

So if the Canadian government determines that it is against the law for the words 'under God' to be on our money, then, so be it.

And if that same government decides that the
'Ten Commandments 'are not to be used in or on
a government installation, then, so be it.

I say, 'so be it,' because I would like to be a law abiding CDN citizen.

I say, 'so be it,' because I would like to think that smarter people than I are in positions to make good decisions.

I would like to think that those people have the Canadian public's best interests at heart.

BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'D LIKE?

Since we can't pray to God, can't Trust in God and cannot post His Commandments in Government buildings,

I don't believe the Government and its employees should participate in the Easter and Christmas celebrations which honor the God that our government is eliminating from many facets of Canadian life.

I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving, & Easter.

After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the ' CND Supreme Court to be in session on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter as well as Sundays.' After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the Senate and the House of Commons to not have to worry about getting home for the 'Christmas Break'
After all it's just another day.

I'm thinking that a lot of my taxpayer dollars could be saved,
if all government offices & services would work on Christmas, Good Friday & Easter.
It shouldn't cost any overtime since those would be
just like any other day of the week to a government that is trying to be 'politically correct.'
In fact....

I think that our government should work on Sundays
(initially set aside for worshiping God...)
because, after all, our government says that it should be just another day....
What do you all think????

If this idea gets to enough people, maybe our elected officials will stop giving in to the 'minority opinions' and begin, once again,
to represent the 'MAJORITY' of ALL of the Canadian people.
SO BE IT...........

Please Dear Lord,
Give us the help needed to keep you in our country!
'Amen' and 'Amen '

Crazywheeler.... thanks for posting this. Spoken like a true Canadian, whether you wrote it or not does not matter, you put it on here and I commend you. Funny how our own Government can become so diluted that they can sway away from all that is good, just to please those that are "New" Canadians.. Cough.. cough. If our forefathers that faught wars and died to protect our way of life and our freedom could see some of this now.

Top Bottom