How to snorkel 750 KQ airbox?

AC4life

Reaction score
Has anyone done an airbox snorkel on a 750 KQ? I would like to do mine and im just wondering if anyone has any pics or advice on how to do so. Any info would be appreciated. thanks...

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done an airbox snorkel on a 750 KQ? I would like to do mine and im just wondering if anyone has any pics or advice on how to do so. Any info would be appreciated. thanks...

I would assume the 700 and 750 and the same in the airbox department........

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp15ls5slRg[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPZapVSTb_U[/media]

The Nyroc site has some good info too.....

Nyroc's ATV info website

I will be doing my airbox soon too and will be looking at this tread too...........My clutch housing is done already.

Cheers

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you guys snorkel the CVT exhaust somehow too? I'm looking at buying a King Quad 700, but the exhaust in the back is wayy too low. Just wondering what everyone does, so it doesn't fill up with water. Is the 750 designed the same way?

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you guys snorkel the CVT exhaust somehow too? I'm looking at buying a King Quad 700, but the exhaust in the back is wayy too low. Just wondering what everyone does, so it doesn't fill up with water. Is the 750 designed the same way?

Im not sure if the 750 is the same but I would think so.

I used PVC 1 1/2" pipe, it was a kit from Highlifter already cut for the king quad. but either way it runs from the back of the clutch housing to the front of the bike. Some guys have run it up through the back of the bike through the passenger/storage box too.

Mine runs from the back over the drive shaft to the left side, along under the running board between it and the engine and then up through the left front fender. Where the pipe is close to the engine I wrapped it with heat tape.

it would be best to snorkel the CVT intake exhaust also, a 2" PVC reducer to 1 1/2" goes into the stock rubber boot on the CVT intake and then you run the rest with 1 1/2" PVC pipe or hose to where ever you want on the front. Where it runs by the exhaust pipe I not only wrapped it in heat tape but I put a piece of metal DRYER duct hose around it so there was an air gap between it and the PVC pipe, Im thinking it would dissipate the heat better............seems to work.

Cheers

Glen

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not sure if the 750 is the same but I would think so.

I used PVC 1 1/2" pipe, it was a kit from Highlifter already cut for the king quad. but either way it runs from the back of the clutch housing to the front of the bike. Some guys have run it up through the back of the bike through the passenger/storage box too.

Mine runs from the back over the drive shaft to the left side, along under the running board between it and the engine and then up through the left front fender. Where the pipe is close to the engine I wrapped it with heat tape.

it would be best to snorkel the CVT intake exhaust also, a 2" PVC reducer to 1 1/2" goes into the stock rubber boot on the CVT intake and then you run the rest with 1 1/2" PVC pipe or hose to where ever you want on the front. Where it runs by the exhaust pipe I not only wrapped it in heat tape but I put a piece of metal DRYER duct hose around it so there was an air gap between it and the PVC pipe, Im thinking it would dissipate the heat better............seems to work.

Cheers

Glen

Thanks for the info, good to know it can be fixed. Is this product (High Lifter ATV Products & Accessories - Bayou Snorkels Kit - Suzuki 450i/700i/750i King Quad Clutch Housing)the cure for the airbox and CVT intake then? So I would need to make the CVT exhaust snorkel then too? Or does someone make this?

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, good to know it can be fixed. Is this product (High Lifter ATV Products & Accessories - Bayou Snorkels Kit - Suzuki 450i/700i/750i King Quad Clutch Housing)the cure for the airbox and CVT intake then? So I would need to make the CVT exhaust snorkel then too? Or does someone make this?

This is the same kit I bought from them, It is for both the Intake and Exhaust for the Clutch housing(CVT)

No matter if you buy this kit or just run the PVC yourself, the whole point of it all it to raise the current intake and exhaust points on the current design.

I found it was too easy to get water in the exhaust of the CVT housing, but since adding the snorkels, never had a problem since.

I will caution you on one thing, working with PVC can sure be a bitch, this is essentially a plumbing nightmare when installing the rear exhaust piping. The first thing I did to make sure the PVC kit fit was to "DRY FIT" it, but the problem with the PVC pipe is that the pieces fit on to each other a lot further with the glue on them than when dry...........Once I dry fit everything, I marked all the joints with a permanent marker so I can fit it back the same way when glueing all the parts.............well the parts slide further on together when glueed and throws everthing out of wack. I found the biggest challenge is routing the pipe over the rear drive shaft with out it touching.......

Im not a plumber and have very little experience with PVC pipe. Because there are so many fittings on this installation(22.5's, 60's, and 45's,) it's sure a challenge because the parts fit together differently when dry than when wet(glued)

Anyone have some advice on this issue.............?? I suppose I could of lubed all the pieces for the dry fit, but would that still make the glue work>

feyd

Reaction score
I did my air box and both CVT intake and exhaust. Check on NYROC for how to's.

Air box- I used a ABS from the left fender and into the airbox. 2.5" shop vac hose is what connects the fender section to the airbox section. You will need to drill a hole in the front right side (sitting on quad) of the airbox (please see NYROC or other tech tips). I used a Fernco 2" rubber coupler to fit into the airbox hole and then used a short piece of ABS to stick inside the Fernco and force a good compression seal. Silicone and tape and it's all good. I'm at work now and can't get photobucket but I will post pics tomorrow.

CVT- 2" ABS from transmission to fenders. Again, pics tomorrow.

feyd

Reaction score
feyd...pics would sweet. thanks bud!

Will do but won't be until tomorrow afternoon because I work nights and sleep during the day.

My CVT is custom, as in not a bought kit and it was a HUGE pain in the a:ds but in the end was worth it.

feyd

Reaction score
feyd...pics would sweet. thanks bud!

sorry for the day late...

cvt intake and exhaust
IMG_3522.jpg

IMG_3520.jpg

IMG_3524.jpg

IMG_3526.jpg

feyd

Reaction score
hose looks something like this, but from the left and only one hose
181872.jpg

then goes from the left fender almost straight across to this 90*
221432.jpg

The 2.5" shop vac hose fits snug in the female end of the 2" ABS pipe. A bunch of silicone and electrical tape later and it's all water tight.

feyd

Reaction score
now it looks like this...don't mind the zip ties on the air intake side.
227515.jpg

227517.jpg

227513.jpg

feyd

Reaction score
Steve

What did you do to plug the original intake hole? I was looking on the nyroc site, someone used some tin metal to seal it up??

Thanks

Just a piece of thin plastic (3mm maybe)...riveted it to the air box and used silicone to seal it. Pretty much like all the pics you have seen.

feyd

Reaction score
ONe note I should mention....the hole that you drill in the air box should be a low as possible because if it's not the plastics will hit it. Once the airbox is bolted onto the TB it has an upward angle so you also need to angle (whatever you use to 'plug in' to the air box) slightly downward.

As in this pic....the Furnco needed to be angled up and inward.
221429.jpg

Top Bottom