How to make skidoo xm lighter

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Haha ya going up and down all summer from that cabin there wouldnt be anything left of me ferniesnow, hows it coming up there still working hard I see!!!

It is looking great. Ya' up and down those ladders should doo something for my legs. When I get a little more done I will get on the treadmill and doo a little cardio.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would love to find a dealer that will warranty a sled with a big bore kit obviously not the engine but everything else would be great,i would gladly give all my business to them.

When I turbo or bigbore a sled, warranty is the last thing on my mind,,The engine is the only thing that is really benificial to have on warranty any way imo..so to me no warranty is no big deal.. You want warranty fair eneogh.

You could put a 3inch track on, gain some traction and then lose maybe 15 or 20lbs with a lighter rear skid,, but then you would lose the t motion and flex track, which is the whole hype behind this sled and would cost you 4gs ta boot...that makes no sense to me...

Or you could get a boss seat,,Titanium this and gun drilled that,, lose 10 or 15lbs cost you thousands of $ to do and would you notice a difference on the mountain? No you would not. Your wallet might notice tho,,,id rather spend the money on hotels and gas for the sled.

These new mountain sleds dont really have alot of unnessary wieght on them so losing pounds is very hard and expensive to do..

If light wieght is the biggest concern with your sled go buy a Pro,, ive been riding ski doo since i was a kid on a early 90,s F chassis and owned every new ski doo chassis they have came out with since,, but Polaris has always been the Competition with Skidoo for top mountain sled(IMO) since the 97 700rmk days and would be a good choice for a stock light sled

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id get a light wieght can and thats about it,,,Its been said already but go to the gym(To add muscle strength tho,, not nessarily to lose wieght)...its a light sled to begin with.

Removing the foam is a good idea, but id keep the head light cause i ride off the mountain in the dark most days.

Personally id be adding wieght in bracing, high end shocks that would probably wiegh more than stock and a skid plate is a MUST.

Dollar for dollar you"d be way happier by adding horse power with a turbo or big bore ext than trying to lose a few pounds..at least i would be....

How much do you want to spend to lighten the sled? Ditch the stock headlight and buy a little driving light set at Canadian Tire for $10. Use one and it only weighs a fraction of the stocker. Think of what weight you want to lose though, you are far better off getting rid of sprung weight to reduce the load on the springs and improve the ride, and lose top heavy weight to reduce the center of gravity. headlight, taillight, seat, underhood foam, can...all sprung weight. Remember, every ounce counts. Apart from that though, just ride the darn thing unless you want to start getting into serious $$$$ like carbon fibre and titanium.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go see the guys at C3 and carbon fiber it up not sure why you'd have to do anything to it but ride it from the footage I've seen.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could always port your track and if its fully clipped you can piull out every second clip. Reduce weight of the sled and reduce some rotational mass to free up a little power too

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread seems quite familiar to the ProClimb threads last fall. Why is everyone so hung up on what a sled weighs on a scale?? They are all heavy when they get stuck, they will all get stuck, they all climb VERY WELL. Once a guy gets comfortable on a chassis all the other sleds feel weird; and you don't feel like you can put it where you would take you own sled without even thinking about it. When we get the 400 lb sleds that everyone wants, every thread will be guys complaining that their 4 day trip was over after day 2 because their sled was all bent and tweaked and they never even hit anything. ;)

Top Bottom