How to make skidoo xm lighter

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do what i just did..... use a jack-all and break your jaw, now with wires in my mouth holding it together i am losing 1.3lbs of body mass a day.... cheapest way yet. but has reprocussions...

on another note, alternate impack does titanium a arms and a titanium rear swing arm... and keven at c3 can do the rest

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ummm... The do it yourselfer would just put on a can, good for what 10lbs or more. Pretty sure I seen aluminum a arms from someone for 450. Take the head lights out. Remember, skid plates are for girl :).

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id get a light wieght can and thats about it,,,Its been said already but go to the gym(To add muscle strength tho,, not nessarily to lose wieght)...its a light sled to begin with.

Removing the foam is a good idea, but id keep the head light cause i ride off the mountain in the dark most days.

Personally id be adding wieght in bracing, high end shocks that would probably wiegh more than stock and a skid plate is a MUST.

Dollar for dollar you"d be way happier by adding horse power with a turbo or big bore ext than trying to lose a few pounds..at least i would be....

Last edited:

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say put on a can and highly recommend "the thing" with built in muffpot from the sled shed in revy. No codes thrown and no power loss and hot meals on the hill.

Also you could thrown on a boss seat. Sheds a few pounds and gives much more storage.

And yes take all that foam out from the inside panels.

Last season was my first sledding and I enjoyed it so much that I got a gym membership with 50 personal training sessions. Working out 5 days a week and looking forward to the next season!

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
most good dealers have a good common sense when it comes to performance and warrenty, and some shy away, i dont have a problem to drive a little farther and find the right dealer

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
I would love to find a dealer that will warranty a sled with a big bore kit obviously not the engine but everything else would be great,i would gladly give all my business to them.

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
Haha ya going up and down all summer from that cabin there wouldnt be anything left of me ferniesnow, hows it coming up there still working hard I see!!!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would love to find a dealer that will warranty a sled with a big bore kit obviously not the engine but everything else would be great,i would gladly give all my business to them.
If a dealer is voiding an idler wheel bearing because you have a big bore then you will need a new dealer.

Top Bottom