how to LONGTRACK YOUR SLED?

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its not something you would do in a few hours in your garage ....there is a bit of work to do this ....easiest (most affordable) is rail exentions which are bolted on to your stock rails.

You need to change track to a longer one (obviously)
--Take out rear skid
--Pull jack shaft(i know on cat you take airbox and have everything under your hood appart:d or at least it feels that way), chain case, pull put track
--Depending on the lug size your goin you may have to do drop and roll (not something i would recomend doin in your garage unless you KNOW what you are doin)...some times you can get away with putting smaller drivers.
--Tunnel extention (not all applications depending on the length you wan2 go)

Thats just a ROUGH over view ....its a fair bit of work especially to someone who does not have to much time under there belt when it comes to pulling wrenches on sleds.

and im sure theres some guys on here that can give you WAY more info then i can i hope my info will just give you a rough idea ...here is a link to a great site with everything you will need if you decide to go thru with longtracking your sled.

Tracks Canada

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i did my 91 xcr ... there is no adjustment left well maybe 1/8 of an inch...

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just did the wifes 96 xcr. put rail ext. because its 7.5" your moving back l,long way to slide your skid, then had to add 7" to the tunnel to keep flap from catching. went to a 1361.5 fits good you wouldn't be able to go any bigger though without drop and roll or smaller drivers. took a good day to do all work wich included new sliders, put a summit axle in the reae, way bigger, made and istalled bar to go across rails to eliminate twist, manufactured and installed tunnel ext, checked and replaced any worn bearings in remaining bogies.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe mine already had a some what longer track on it

they did have the infamous 133.5 track on the polaris in the 90s then you wouldn't have needed extensions.

Smurff1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out XLT Project in Snow Chat.
We went from 121 .75"
to a 1.25" Ripsaw on Buddies sled
and it works great.
The details are in the Thred.

Attachments

• Projeck%20XLT.jpg
    Projeck%20XLT.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 144
  • Project%20XLT%20stage%203%20001.jpg
    Project%20XLT%20stage%203%20001.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I changed frt drivers to 8 tooth, pulled back the suspension 4 inches and bolted a 136 inch and a half back in, on a few old indys over the years.
no more 100 mph runs,but who cares in deep snow,

and I have a 136 inch and half track with a few paddles missing on right side you can have for the taking..ran into railroad track and tore them off, ran in another full season till sold machine with the 121 back on it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom