How many miles on Fix Kit

Powderdream

Reaction score
Guys and Gals, Wondering how many km's people have been getting on the Fix kit before issues arise again? Wondering if it truly is a fix and people have gotten more then 2500 Miles out of it? Thanks in advance.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, i havent got 2500 miles yet this year, but im up to 750 of perfect running miles. No issues so far.

schtann

Reaction score
Maybe 5=600 miles and pretty much clamped the whole time and still pulls harder than ever.
Recoil getting harder to pull over too and rings must now be seating but no compression numbers.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
only got 500 km out of mine think something else wrong cause now con rod bearing also hooped

First thought do you have a fuel controller? Get a hold of Chris at Parkland in Stony Plain. 780-963-0080 he knows polaris.

raddad

Reaction score
okay thanks have sled at cycle works right now said it will be 3000 to fix. Thinking might just sell as parts sled.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
okay thanks have sled at cycle works right now said it will be 3000 to fix. Thinking might just sell as parts sled.
If it has the fix kit in it there is a spacer in-between the cyl and block easy to see.Let me know what you decide to do I might be able to help you out.
Which Cycle Works is it at?

raddad

Reaction score
cycle works west in acheson. just got back from there and heres the new story the "fix kit" was no fix kit. they only replaced the pistons with wiseco. They are now going to talk to I assume must be gm there and fix it right and they're going to pay for it. I just have to pay for the new top end they will cover the rest. not sure if they will drop new motor in or what . they said they would phone after they talk to the gm. I don't have a fuel controller. which one would is the best? thanks

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 09 with the fix and SLP pipe never had a fuel controller just had the ECM reflashed with the 08 map.It ran great just had to ride with the temp display on and watch temps if it got a bit hot just give a few good shots of throttle and the temp would come down.Good to see CycleWorks helping you.

jon

Reaction score
850km and blown again. Need motor swap or will be parting out.

RARMSTRONG

Reaction score
MY 09 800 Blew mag side piston at 3100 miles. Replaced with fix kit pistons that came with pistons, cylinder shim, etc..... Purchased Reman cylinder from different vendor. Had professional shop do the work. They testl drove sled 6 miles and engine seized. Both pistons and cylinder need to be replaced again. Shop and Piston Fix kit company are saying pistons too tight in cylinder caused failure and solution is to have pistons and cylinder mated. Piston fix kit going to replace pistons for free and supply mated cylinder for $230.
I am stuck in the middle and so frustrated with Polaris that I am considering switching brands. I have 4 other Polaris but none of them are 800's.
Has anyone out there had the same thing happen to them with the fix kit pistons?
Help?? I'm bleeding money!

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
MY 09 800 Blew mag side piston at 3100 miles. Replaced with fix kit pistons that came with pistons, cylinder shim, etc..... Purchased Reman cylinder from different vendor. Had professional shop do the work. They testl drove sled 6 miles and engine seized. Both pistons and cylinder need to be replaced again. Shop and Piston Fix kit company are saying pistons too tight in cylinder caused failure and solution is to have pistons and cylinder mated. Piston fix kit going to replace pistons for free and supply mated cylinder for $230.
I am stuck in the middle and so frustrated with Polaris that I am considering switching brands. I have 4 other Polaris but none of them are 800's.
Has anyone out there had the same thing happen to them with the fix kit pistons?
Help?? I'm bleeding money!

Are you letting it warm up????
The tolerances are much tighter with the Wiseco pistons, the motor needs to be over 100F before you even touch the throttle.
Install the coolant bypass kit as well. It will help keep a more constant engine temp once the thermostat starts opening.

jerrydecoy

Reaction score
1,000 miles on the fix kit and the pistons still look good. I know that there are still some failures with the fix kit installed but it seems quite a few of them are happening to sleds that had troubles while stock. I think everyone would agree the 800's had problems but it appears the fix kit has dropped the failure rate significantly.
I think letting these sleds warm up is big help. I cringe watching guys pull the rope n take off while the sled is still cold

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got Chrisco to put in Fix Kit @ 950KMs. Have 1500kms on sled and it runs like a top. I still will put in oil in gas tank and I minimize running the mid range rpms. Little smoky when cold, but clears up once it gets hot. Lots of advice from other folks on making sure the machine is warm 35 - 40C before any heavy throttle and I let it warm up even after any stops on the way to reduce any thermal shock. I get a little hassle from guys about being slow, but so far I ride my sled to the truck every time I go up.

Top Bottom