How is the new Polaris Series 8, 2.75" Track

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know what guys are thinking saying the poo 3 inch track in garbage I have a 163 3" on my 22 matryx slash and it performs very well, also I ride with a 21 polaris 165 2.75 and have to say they seem to perform equally as well in the deep bc powder. Have done a couple pulls side by side up a decent incline and we have always been neck and neck. Also I came from a 18 cat 162 3" and have to say that is my favorite track.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Measure the 2.75, it’s actually the same depth as the polaris 3”

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just making the final selections on my snowcheck. Deciding between 2.75 series 8 and 3inch series 7 for my new Khaos Boost next year. Wondering if anyone has some real world feedback? Going 155.

I rode a Khaos boost 155 with 3 inch and loved everything about it. In theory the 2.75 should perform similar but I fear it stays more planted rather then the 3 which I found would flick up on demand (suspension dialed right in on that sled).

Right now I’m leaning toward 3 but having last minute second thoughts!!

I would talk to people who specifically have run the series 8 on boosted sleds. Some guys found the lugs too soft and folded over more under boost and have gone to cut down Doo tracks or other options.

I have really beat on my MY21 series 8 and I am replacing it with a MY22 series 8 which has seen some durability upgrades. It’s 5lbs heavier apparently but I haven’t gotten my hands on it yet to weigh it. On a N/A sled the series 8 is a no brainer.

On a boosted 155, weight difference on a 3” vs 2.75 even with a pitch change will be negligible I think. 3” is fairly durable and if you are going for a sled that really likes to have the “show” factor as you are going Khaos 155 I don’t think you would hate the series 7 3”. It does still run the same drivers I think and the series 8 has the newer Polaris “extrovert” that hasnt had any big complaints this year.

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would talk to people who specifically have run the series 8 on boosted sleds. Some guys found the lugs too soft and folded over more under boost and have gone to cut down Doo tracks or other options.

I have really beat on my MY21 series 8 and I am replacing it with a MY22 series 8 which has seen some durability upgrades. It’s 5lbs heavier apparently but I haven’t gotten my hands on it yet to weigh it. On a N/A sled the series 8 is a no brainer.

On a boosted 155, weight difference on a 3” vs 2.75 even with a pitch change will be negligible I think. 3” is fairly durable and if you are going for a sled that really likes to have the “show” factor as you are going Khaos 155 I don’t think you would hate the series 7 3”. It does still run the same drivers I think and the series 8 has the newer Polaris “extrovert” that hasnt had any big complaints this year.
Yea this is what ultimately pushed me to the 2.75. The upgraded drivers coming from factory and if I don’t like it I’ll swap it for a doo track. No harm no foul. May as well give it a chance. I’ll be able to compare directly to my rising partners on the hill as well which will be nice.

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've always wondered about cutting down/or off every 3rd or 4th lug to get a better section bite, and bonus would be some weight reduction.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 18 boony 163 has the 3” and i hate it. My boost with the 2.75 is awesome in my eyes. Best polaris track yet.

Top Bottom