how easy it is to break into your garage

sicamoose

Reaction score
Added features for my garage:

* Alarm (motion and contact)
* Security camera (Logitech system - I get an email on my iphone with a clip of the video every time camera records) - directed to driveway
* I ALWAYS make sure my latch is secure on my garage door

I will try that zip tie trick though as another added measure

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Headin out to the garage to do a little zip tying right now!:beer:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be doing the zip tie also.

We had all our big garage doors wired with sensors to our alarm system.

And no small man door on the garage.

Friggin crooks

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also put a long bolt thru the runner where the wheels go so that the door will only come up about a half inch. its pretty hard to break a 5/8 bolt.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we should save the zap straps. Instead, rig up a servo from the lazer eyes to the trigger of a shotgun. When the fuggers step in, they lose their legs.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
This is an old trick that's been around for years and it's nothing new. I'm a certified master locksmith and own an alarm company and we always tell people to secure their garages. Surprisingly enough, most still don't?

The tie wraps a good thing to do, but it's better to remove the pull cord as well so it can't be fished from the outside. The only time you'll need to access that release if if your operator dies and you can still reach it with any kind of step stool should you remove the pull cord.

I also tell people, if you have an attached garage and your house is alarmed, include a door contact on the overhead. That way your door will never be left open when you drive away and if it ever opens from a scanner or another cloned remote, your alarm signal will advise the station that the garage has been breached and you can then respond to it or dispatch a neighbor to secure it.

My garage is locked with high security locks on the door, no windows, no pull cord or active release on the operator, and the power to the O/H is disabled by a relay when my alarm is active so it can never open from a cloned remote or scanner even if someone knew the digital code.

For everything else, there's always the Louisville :p

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would never have windows in the big door. Man door to outside is blocked off, and only window is covered.

If thieves really want in they will. Just got to make your place a bit harder then everyone elses.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW! i looked how to and just for shits and gigs I tried it on mine (no windows) i was able to pull the cord in 1 min!!!

carguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I learned this security trick afew years back from a locksmith and have been using it.

Top Bottom