how do you turbo a carburated sled

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hi i have a 1999 700 rmk that i'd like to turbo. how do you make the turbo kit work with the carbs?

to make a long story short you push the air throught the carbs ....and pressureize the float bowls......so if you turbo makes 5 psi and it is plumbed into the carb then you have to run hoses to your float bowl vents with same psi.... and a hole lot of testting and tuning lol........but a kit!

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you buy a gun and shot yourself in the foot.......... Huge amount of time to get them to run right.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hi i have a 1999 700 rmk that i'd like to turbo. how do you make the turbo kit work with the carbs?

Don't even bother. Carbs sleds are very hard to put on boost. As stated, you have to pressurize the float bowls, the slides, etc, as well as add powerjets to the carbs for tuning, and cut and weld your exhaust pipe, build an airbox adapter for the carbs, plumb in wiring for gauges, blow off valve, and power for oil pump or additional fuel pump if you need it. You will likely go through a lot of reeds and seals as well.

Unless you got a lot of $$ and time, don't bother, you'll just wreck your sled.

mynewuseddoo

Reaction score
Buddy of mine turbo'd his carbed 600 rmk. The sled was named tinkerbell for good reason, it was always being tinkered with. In the end it ran awesome, then he sold it. He now rides an 09 turbo dragon 800..........and doesn't need to tinker with it.

All the best of luck if you do decide to do it though.

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is one of those: "If you have to ask..." sort of questions.

Turbomustangs.com has a whole section for boosting carburetors, lots of good information there. It is probably less hassle, albeit more work to convert to EFI first on a sled.

Top Bottom