How do they balance a primary clutch?

Syncustom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was curious if they balance them separate from the sled? Like if each clutch is set up for the sled its sold on?? If I sound a bit slow bare with me.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are not perfect from the factory but they have to be put back together with factory marks there is a company that will balance it for you can't remember name. company like SLP would do it but unless your running your sled in races it won't make any different

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was curious if they balance them separate from the sled? Like if each clutch is set up for the sled its sold on?? If I sound a bit slow bare with me.

No, like tires, they are just balanced individually and assembled after balancing. Once properly balanced, they should not have any vibration on any sled if all other parts are balanced correctly. You probably wont notice a difference in performance, but it will extend the life of your crankshaft.

Fett Bros can do it for you - Link:

so can IndyDan at Indy Specialty.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so can IndyDan at Indy Specialty.

I had Dan do mine on my 800. Had it balanced and set up.The sled takes off sooooo smooth. I am very pleased with his work.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure Eric at racinstation in Idaho does it as well. Awesome guys to deal with.

Top Bottom