how are the etec's performing?

Waukeshaw

Reaction score
looking for insight on how the new doos are working? any issues with them? is the fuel and oil consumption very noticable? how are they performing compared to the cats?

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Pictures or it didnt happen. 136 KMH yes, but not MPH. Unless you have some secret. Most I have had my sled is 148KMH. And that was on a groomed trail.

136 mph going downhill with a chipped truck with the sled in the back.:p...even then...its a stretch..... I call B.S.
The best I could doo with my renegade on a 1 mile stretch of hardpack was 182 kmh.....about 112 mph on the dreamometer....Here's a pic of 180 on the return run as I cleared the top-speed function after the run of 182.....

:beer::beer::beer:

Attachments

• 180 kmh (600 x 448).jpg
    180 kmh (600 x 448).jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking for insight on how the new doos are working? any issues with them? is the fuel and oil consumption very noticable? how are they performing compared to the cats?
There is definately a power increase, the fuel and oil consumption on my 09 and 2011 is the same, Other than the damn hesitation my sled still has in it runs like a raped ape.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
absolutely awesome 1300 km's no issues at all handles way better than my 08 fuel economy is amazing i rode 105 km's at silent pass and burned 25 liters of fuel I love the thing and would recommend it to anyone out there

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last ride out we made 100 miles on 8.6 gallons, other 800rs ran right out of fuel at 70, so no they are much beter on fuel, no comparsion..... oil is better as well, but they need to be broke in

biggest issue with the etec is the small profile lug on the track, spins and spins, throw the correct track on it and enjoy

There is definately a power increase, the fuel and oil consumption on my 09 and 2011 is the same, Other than the damn hesitation my sled still has in it runs like a raped ape.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great on fuel and oil if you don't hold it pinned or are on and off throttle all the time. i usually use under 20 litres in a day but when riding with one guy I used 33 litres. It was simply climbing all day. The oil cosumption doubled too. Stock clutching works okay but mis-alignment still causes belt eating. if you want to stop the belt eating you must shim the jackshaft, move in the motor or float the secondary. Finally the primary bushing needs to be changed out to the old style oilite type as it wears out in about 1000 kms and if you dont change it the spring tower bushing will then wear out. simply the most fun sled ever!

jimxp

Reaction score
ya its been ok, the cats still out climb mine any day, and ive spent lots on good cluthing, but today riding in deep pow, the exhaust sensor popped out for the 3 rd time so i shut the sled off and screwed it back in, went to fire it up, it would idle but wouldnt get any fuel, would just suck air and no fuel to burn, checked everything possible, had to be drug out... got home and fired it up it had a rough idle , ran on one cylinder for a couple mins then cleared up and now runs fine... what the hell?

Top Bottom