How agile are nytros in deep snow

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i have both, Yes the XM is the most agile sled I have ever ridden. But my Turboed Nytro now that it is set up is very agile in deep powder,I actually prefer it as I can pick just about any spot I want and put it there. Can I sidehill it like my XM.. No. But that being said I can sidehill it better than my 09 XP 154!! Could I do this on a stock Nytro? Not a fricken chance. I won't sit at the cabin and brag either, anyone who wants to see how a turboed Nytro handles the deep powder can come and see. Its usually me who spends most my day riding around my stuck buddies on all the other brands making them tracks to get out with my Nytro. When the snow is over waist deep I will leave all my two strokes in the trailer. When the snow is hard then the the Nytro becomes a hand-full to manoeuvre.

I agree, my turbo Nytro is crazy fun in the deep snow. In hard pack conditions not so much, it is alot more work to handle. The agility of a machine is more about the riders skills. Modern sled chassis are amazing compared to 10yrs ago making rookie riders very able to enjoy the mountians. So is any sled that much better than another...I don't know...they all have faults....so just enjoy the sled you have and learn to ride it to the best of your ability.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It must suck having opinions that bad..... I ride trees 90% of the time cause usually the weather is to bad to see any hills. I'm guessing you go sledding cause you like to drink beer on the hill and bitch about how your stock sled sucks, but in reality the sleds fine, its just the rider that has no skill.

Right?
Thanks.
How right u are I have a s/c apex lots of fun but i'm not a agresive rider and I use my M8 in the trees easier to get unstuck but they are both alot of fun but no matter where u are the rider makes the difference but the sled does help alot.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i have both, Yes the XM is the most agile sled I have ever ridden. But my Turboed Nytro now that it is set up is very agile in deep powder,I actually prefer it as I can pick just about any spot I want and put it there. Can I sidehill it like my XM.. No. But that being said I can sidehill it better than my 09 XP 154!! Could I do this on a stock Nytro? Not a fricken chance. I won't sit at the cabin and brag either, anyone who wants to see how a turboed Nytro handles the deep powder can come and see. Its usually me who spends most my day riding around my stuck buddies on all the other brands making them tracks to get out with my Nytro. When the snow is over waist deep I will leave all my two strokes in the trailer. When the snow is hard then the the Nytro becomes a hand-full to manoeuvre.
I ride Mcbride alot and u are so right my s/c apex runs gret in deep snow and sidehills almost as easy as my M8 but on hardpack it sucks it's just to hard to get a all round sled with one sled so good luck

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Agile as you dare to ride. It's all setup/modifications and rider input. And I actually own both.

Lowlife nailed it!!!! My Nytro isn't boosted and it does everything I want it to do. The thing that holds my sled back is ME!!!! My son can jump on my sled and make it do things that I can't. My husband can jump on my sled and do the same thing I love watching them ride my sled. It looks a heck of a lot more agile with them on it than me and yet it is the same set up.

Someday I'll get to their level but that's not today. I find my sled a heck of a lot easier to handle in deep snow than hard pack but again that's because of the way it is set up.

Jan

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fully agree that the XM would be more agile in hardpack conditions. Otherwise as long as you're not on a stock Nytro it ultimately comes down to rider. My 16 yr old can ride his Nytro with just a Hauck performance kit anywhere in the trees all day long and pulls moves a lot of riders just plain don't on their lightweight two strokes... Personally I love my turbo Nytrol and would not switch it for a NA two stroke. Is it heavier - yes! Does it take more effort to get unstuck - yes! The trick is to get stuck far less often which is what I've found happens with the extra power. I also find it hilarious that everyone talks about how light and agile their two-stroke sled is, yet when our group is down in a valley or hole that with only a trickly technical pull to get out they all sit back and wait for a turbo to pull the line and make a track for them to follow... Do keep in mind that a turbo will be a more finicky sled to maintain if not set up properly from the start - spend the money to get an expert to do it right the first time! Highly recommend Mcdougall's at Powerhouse Customs in Revy or Mclaren's at Boost-It in Ponoka as they not only KNOW but ride too - plus their great guys!

Top Bottom