How agile are nytros in deep snow

Sleds

Reaction score
I was just wondering how hard the 153 nytros with turbos are to through around compared to the xm.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agile as you dare to ride. It's all setup/modifications and rider input. And I actually own both.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A guy had a nytro in the group when we went to the big horns. Im no professional rider.........as a matter of fact EXTREMELY far from it. But that thing looked like a royal pain in the ass to throw around. Some of the places we were going he couldnt due to the wide ski stance. Also make it more difficult to sidehill. If you're gonna get out of a nytro the same you can get out of a pro or xm, your either gonna be dead ass tired at the end of the day or you havent been getting max potential out of the doo or poo.

Sent while using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are a tank compared to an 800 but i wouldnt have it any other way except maybe on some zero visibilty days. I have 36 yrs sledding experience, 27 of it in BC, a newbie or non agressive rider buy an XM

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a newbie sled at all, it takes some rider knowledge to maneuver these beasts and not be stuck all the time. A low boost kit is a must if you are going to do a lot of deep powder and steep terrain riding.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lowlife82 which sled do you prefer to ride the most

Nytro being turned into nypex at moment. But rode a 240 hp lots. When the snow is deep a nytro is a blast. Needs front end kit though for sidehilling to be "easier" i have found. The doos r fun in all conditions. I find I wreck the doos a lot more just due to the fact that they feel like they can Doo more than ya think. Just busted the Nuns hat this weekend just due the fact I thought it could handle the drop. Deep snow is when the yammy comes out or riding with other turbos. Any time else the Doo comes out with another for back up. This is all IMO.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert but have riden 3 different XM's and a 300hp turbo nitro and a non turbo nitro regularly.
we all like the nitro, a fun happy capable sled, sure it could doo with a few "tricks" but its all round good fun.
deep pow is always going to be an issue due to weight, but thats where the turbo and an agressive rider comes in to the equation.
yamys will be around in 20 years, will the XM? is that an issue when stuck?

now letz talk XM ... !!!
farkin off the hook fun out of the box!
brand new first day with 0.8km on it and it out climbed all other sledz present!
we could tandum drop snowboarders on the moon with it.
side hill is too much fun and makes it too easy!
I've riden 2 with 163 and quite a bit of time on a 154
buy the doo ... !!!
coz getting it unstuck is waaaaaaay easier !!!

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tmotion sucks. It's being removed from new sled once mobile again. Forgot to mention

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering how hard the 153 nytros with turbos are to through around compared to the xm.

I got apex turbo and pro turbo, if the snow is really deep than any sled can be easy to ride. If there's little to no fresh snow the 4 strokes are a handful, that's why you need one of each.

Last edited:

bourgon

Reaction score
i had a xp and now ride a 180 nitro and would be hard pressed to go back. in the deep the nitro with boost dose not feel heavy at all i can side hill all day long on it hard pack not so much the same story, they ride different and if you have no experience and are not an agressive rider it would not be the best choice. and cost wise if you ride alot i think they are cheaper!
had an 08 xp got 3200 k and went through 7 belts and 7600 in repairs. 2010 nitro with 2200 k and one belt and 2 oil changes and i am not afraid to out money in to upgrades. the nitro with the turbo was only 3100 more to buy both new! and I talked to a guy that had 9500 k on a 240 kit and the best i have found on a doo is 5000 k so in short if you can handle a bit heaver sled and 3 grand more to buy less to operate and want to have longer arms go for it. an xm will make you look like a pro a nitro will make you a pro!

oh ya had to tow out a busted eteck on the weekend!

Last edited:

Ironmanstl

Reaction score
Having a turbo will keep your ego stroked at the cabin and bottom of the hill so
you'll religiously defend its inabilities until you eventually come to realize its
a heavy pig in all conditions except a straight pull over the top...
My opinion of course

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having a turbo will keep your ego stroked at the cabin and bottom of the hill so
you'll religiously defend its inabilities until you eventually come to realize its
a heavy pig in all conditions except a straight pull over the top...
My opinion of course

It must suck having opinions that bad..... I ride trees 90% of the time cause usually the weather is to bad to see any hills. I'm guessing you go sledding cause you like to drink beer on the hill and bitch about how your stock sled sucks, but in reality the sleds fine, its just the rider that has no skill.

Right?
Thanks.

Top Bottom