Horse Rescue up the Renshaw

domecreek

Reaction score
That is wonderful news - the Edmonton Journal is a little behind this forum in the news department. McBride has such great community spirit. Thank you McBride for "caring" about these animals. Looking forward to the pictures. Merry Christmas to all and have a safe sledding holiday.

gotgrizz

Reaction score
Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! You are amazing people!! Words cannot describe!! I just hope there is some sort of penalty for the 'Hunter' who is responsibe. Merry Christmas!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Awesome news, mcbride, bc..... You've warmed the hearts of many around the world. Congratulations on a job well done. Thanks to all the volunteers for your heartfelt work, thanks to all the donators for the cash for these two animals and the spca. Thanks to the media for covering this and bringing it to the attention of the rest of the world. This is truly a "feel good" story, and wonderful to happen just before christmas. Merry christmas everyone, joyeaux noel.............. Again, awesome work mcbride and area!!! You deserve a huge pat on the back!:)

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
excellent news..good ending for a christmas story..great job Mcbride folks!:beer:

gwenrowdy

Reaction score
Congratulations, McBride snowmobilers and friends; what an amazing effort. Your community must be very proud. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas (from way over here in Maine).

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I'm so glad there was such a great outcome to this story. The horses will have a bit of a recovery to go through until their back to 100%, I'm sure, but at least their off the mountain and in the warmth of caregivers. If that don't bring a little Christmas spirit to your heart nothing will. Thanks to all that made this happen and thanks to a great community that I have been glad to be apart of during my sledding seasons. Merry Christmas and may all have a great New Year. Cheerz to ALL. :beer: :beer: :beer:

Quinn

Reaction score
From the bottom of my heart, I thank you. Amazing effort with an incredible outcome. Merry Christmas to all of you.

Jay McKillop
London, Ontario

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great news and congrats to all involved . It looks like the horses and everyone else will have a very merry christmas. Donation sent via mail to Spindrift.

Calvincrowe

Reaction score
I'm not a sledder/snowmobiler (although I've ridden them a time or two), but I am a horse owner down here in the states. This thread and story have been posted on a site called Chronicle of the Horse--a massive forum for horsemen and women from all over the world. Thousands have viewed it and followed the rescue of these two horses. I just wanted to join your community so that I could thank you for doing this incredible labor on behalf of two horses.

You brought me to tears, made me cheer and believe in the kindness of strangers. Thank you seems inadequate, but Thank You. May Santa reward you generously for you efforts. God Bless, Happy Hannaukah, and Merry Christmas. You certainly made mine better!!

Anxiously awaiting photos of the horses in their new, much better, home.

The Warden

Reaction score
Website
www.jailhousebb.com
:Happy6: Congratulations on a job well done! You guys really are the gems in this crazy world of ours!

Have a Merry Christmas everyone. and hope to see you in the New Year!

Marie @ Jailhouse B & B Valemount

myhorse

Reaction score
I have no idea how much work really went into this being from Texas and all. I can only imagine but.....

Thanks goes out to EVERYONE that took part in this rescue. May each of you have a very blessed holiday season.

pchait

Reaction score
Hi All,

I joined your community just so that I could post and say how incredible and gratifying I find your concern for these abandoned horses and your willingness to help rescue them. I've been riding (horses) since I was three and my past experience with snowmobilers has NOT been positive but you guys are obviously great, caring people! If you want to come sledding in Montana you're more than welcome to contact me:)

Wanderlust

Reaction score
Morning to everyone on this site! The power was off for hours almost right away last night after getting in...It's so great to see all of the positive comments and offer for donations. I'm blown away at how far this story has travelled.

Lots of thanks need to go out to the local businesses that donated to this: Geri and staff from McBride Trading Post for the tasty sandwiches,
Joe Rich for shutting down the shop yesterday and getting up there to dig early with his son,
Joe Rupar for allowing Monica some time off to come and dig with Tim and Justin,
and
Dave+Toni+Logan
Matt
Stuart
Lester
Tim+Monica+Justin
Stuart
Leif
Dean+Sam
Jesse+Liz
Barry
Linden+Logan
Birgit+Marc
Tim
Anthony
Wes
Gord
Brian
Joe+Joey
The Valemount Crew-sorry about names!
Karla, Carolina and the 3 guys who's names I missed-sorry
Alison
Sara
Lana
Lloydminister Riders
Bonnyville Riders

So sorry if I've missed names-everyone involved has been awesome and lots have contributed in different ways at a busy time! Big thanks to everyone who donated money as well!

What Goes Around Comes Around!

Good luck to everyone these holidays!

Last edited:

PNoble

Reaction score
Amazing story. You guys are so awesome. What a fantastic effort by everyone involved. Merry Christmas and God bless you all.

Can someone please let me know where/how I can make a donation?

Found it, thank you...donation made.

Last edited:

KootenayChick

Reaction score
I'm not a sledder/snowmobiler (although I've ridden them a time or two), but I am a horse owner down here in the states. This thread and story have been posted on a site called Chronicle of the Horse--a massive forum for horsemen and women from all over the world. Thousands have viewed it and followed the rescue of these two horses. I just wanted to join your community so that I could thank you for doing this incredible labor on behalf of two horses.

You brought me to tears, made me cheer and believe in the kindness of strangers. Thank you seems inadequate, but Thank You. May Santa reward you generously for you efforts. God Bless, Happy Hannaukah, and Merry Christmas. You certainly made mine better!!

Anxiously awaiting photos of the horses in their new, much better, home.

I couldn't say it any better than this!!! God bless all of you!!! You have renewed my faith in humans and the ability for a community to pull together and be so incredibly generous. I hope to visit McBride someday and hope that everyone remembers how your community has brought joy to so many people around North America!!!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
WOW!! Look at the response to this thread.

Great, the horses are safe and warm for Christmas. There is alot of work still ahead for these horses to get them back to health, but they will make it. This is great for the whole McBride Community. Thanks for all your efforts.

WE HAVE RAISED NOW $ 5952.00 :eek:

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Such awesome news, and the donations are INCREDIBLE!!! Hoping that there will be pictures posted soon of the horses....I would love to see pictures of them safe and sound in their new home!! Thank you again to the kind people of McBride for all your heroic efforts to rescue these horses, you are the true meaning of Christmas!!

domecreek

Reaction score
Well it appears, from following this thread, that we have quite the caring community among us sledders/quadders - to all a Merry Christmas, and please don't drink and sled over this holiday season.
We are headed up to our cabin at Dome and we are looking forward to a safe and happy holiday.

Top Bottom