Horse Rescue up the Renshaw

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pennsylvania, Texas, Delaware, California,...????

This story is getting around,....

Hopefully they all go visit McBride one day, I hear its beautiful in the summer!!!

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think this is close to where the volunteers are working just to show what they are up against. Please correct me if I'm wrong on the location??
Thanks once again for your dedication.

Attachments

• Horse Rescue.jpg
    Horse Rescue.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 476

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
HMMM, INTERESTING... I THOUGHT THEY WER MORE TO THE RIGHT:confused:... THAT AREA YOU HAVE MARKED IS "THE MEADOWS", AND IT SHOULDN'T BE TOO BAD TO GET OUT OF? I THINK THEY ARE BELOW THE CABIN ACROSS THE VALLEY ABOUT A KM..... ?:confused: GUESS WE'LL WAIT TILL SOMEONE SHOWS US...

mrsnowman

Reaction score
thats right ric i was in there sunday there is alot of support out there and its great to see the sledders giving a hand

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Just wanted to send out a BIG thank you to the two large groups of sledders that stopped on Monday to help dig. Their help went a long way towards helping get that trench finished. I believe there is at least one other group of sledders going out to help today.

gabz

Reaction score
Many thanks to everyone working on rescuing the horses. I'm a horse person (now) and learned of this rescue through a horse board (COTH). BUT... having grown up in northern NY (east of Tug Hill Plateau), where 6' - 10' of snow on the ground in the winter was the norm, I've experienced snow mobiling at it's finest as well. I worked at the Snow Mobile Association office when Boonville, NY was the headquarters, snow mobile races throughout NY, and 1/4 mile races at the air strip were national news!!. (long ago it seems - when people cheered for a John Deere snowmobile!! aka early 70s.)

So... kudos to all of you. And Best Wishes for a great Holiday and New Year!

For the person worried about the supplements - they will ease the distress that the horses have suffered and will continue to experience as they go from starvation to regular food. I'm sure they include immune boosting properties to help the horses avoid illness during the stress.

For those unfamiliar with horses - they are very sensitive animals. Their hide is thin - not like cattle - which is why so many items are made from cowhide and not horse hide:d. To drag one would be to de-hide it, even if it were on a tarp of some sort. In fact, I've seen photos of horses that have laid down and frozen to the ground and removed hide when they got up. I wouldn't be surprized to know that's what happened to the mare with no hair.

Bless everyone there in McBride, and those who are working so hard.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
No updates yet to where they are with the digging or photo's. I just left the Global Edmonton Studio's they wanted to ask me a few questions, hopefully I did OK..

Just a quick note and Thankyou to the following people

Dave Jeck - For looking after everything here and your hard work and determination

Tim & Monica Brown - For your hard work over the week

Dean Schreiber and Sons for there hard work over the week, and for putting off your Christmas Holidays to help the helpless horses and Allison for the updates and setting up the thread.

Sara Olofsson & Matt Elliot for there hard work digging and the updates and Photo's, Matt your a good guy to represent sledders here, good on you.

Bridgit - Thanks for your hard work

Barry W - Thanks for your hard work and running the propane up to keep people warm.

Stewart - Thanks for your hard work

There is alot of people I have not mentioned here but your work will not go unnoticed. Thanks to all the sledders that have been coming by to shovel as well.

And thanks to all of those that donated food for the group and the horses. And thanks to all of the Snowandmudders and all the other people that have been viewing this forum.

The link is on the main page to donate, just click on the snowandmud header to return there. Left side half way down.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A BIG Thank you to you, Ron as well for making this all possible for the horses. Without this site there would be no way for the people on the "outside" to know what's going, and it has been an awesome medium for people to share their thoughts, and also for the donations which are so greatly needed.

JJMorrocco

Reaction score
Just curious if we can get the stars of the Simpsons and Sting to write a song about this?? Just like they did for the boy in the well.........

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Blue River is Cheering and Praying for ALL involved !

With such High Spirit this should be a VERY Merry X-Mas !

You are ALL HERO'S !!

I am soooo Happy that People will really get to know that the Sledding People are #1

When it comes up to ANY Kind of Challenge !

Sledders are some of the MOST Giving People You will EVER Meet !

I am Spreading the Word down here !

I seen the Horses have Warm Blankets on them.....AWESOME !

BLUE JEWEL / HOLY SMOKE INN.... Applause ALL of You !!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good job peeps, and welcome to all are fellow visitors,
it just shows that many people from different walks of life can find common ground. and as said a few times most sled heads are very good and caring people, we are just a bit noisey thats all... but we do care and respect the land we get to play on so please pass that info on to others, just imagine if you couldnt take your Horses for ride on one of your favourite trails because the Goverment has closed it.

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is where the cabin is at the top of the trail..
I thought they were in behind the cabin down in the trees ?

Attachments

• Horse%20Rescue1.JPG
    Horse%20Rescue1.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 539

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW!! I'm so stoked!! Just over $4000 raised so far!! There's some really giving people out there, and this is truly the spirit and giving of the Christmas season!!

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good to see that the horses are getting help. Very nice to see that Snow and Mud and the general public and horse lovers are all helping out with donations. This event has become alot bigger than anyone every thought it would but when animals are involved big things happen.
What about the groomer contractor? Is he also not charging for trail fees during all of this to the rescurers? I sure hope that with the money donated that there is enough to cover all the expenses of the helpers and some to care for the horse.
Even when the horses get out to the trail they have a 28 km walk out on a semi-hard packed snowmobile trail. Lets hope that they have enough in them to make it out. Maybe the horse trailer idea on skids will work.
I`m sorry that this year I`m heading to Salmon Arm for Christmas as any other year I would be up there and I would definataly help out as much as I could. I have donated funds to help and appreciate all those who have given up their time at a very busy time of year to try to rescue these horses. Lets all get together and continue to make this a very positive event and focus on getting the horses safe first.
I wish all the resucuers a safe and happy holiday season and wish them the best for the new year. Your efforts will never be forgotten

Top Bottom