Hope 2012/2013

GBC

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358987208.305320.jpg

bushwackin

Reaction score
Was there a couple days ago. Huge drought in Golden. Was worth the drive. Not many guys make the trek. We found a great spot. Lots of snow and safe. Huge amount of riding in avy paths

We'd never go back there, all the huge avy paths you have to cross are not worth the risk in my opinion. My whole group felt the same. The shitty rough narrow winding road doesn't make it any more appealing either, nor does the fact that it's almost impossible to turn around your trailer if there's already a few units parked there.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We'd never go back there, all the huge avy paths you have to cross are not worth the risk in my opinion. My whole group felt the same. The shitty rough narrow winding road doesn't make it any more appealing either, nor does the fact that it's almost impossible to turn around your trailer if there's already a few units parked there.

Yeah hopes not for everyone,, More for experienced riders and drivers too..lol

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We always park before the rock slide area. A few years ago, it was a clisterfaque when 20 trucks with 4 place trailers were all blocking each other in. Some guys said they were there till 11 pm turning ch!t around. Plus I have seen it slide at the rocks and it makes for a lot of work to shovel out the road for a truck.

The avy paths, all except for 2 can be avoided. The HUGE one has a long runout, and we stay low. The one just before the gas drop is the one you can't avoid. There is a way down the creek, that some sled boarders told us about that is supposed to be safe.

Hope, once you get in can be the safest place to sled. You just need to know where to play. Most people go str8t to the open alpine. One thing nice about it is if you have a break down, unless you drop into the stupid areas, you can tow a sled out from almost anywhere.

Road sucks...for sure.

Funny about the drought.... Chatter has had the best ski season on record.

Yeah hopes not for everyone,, More for experienced riders and drivers too..lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We always park before the rock slide area. A few years ago, it was a clisterfaque when 20 trucks with 4 place trailers were all blocking each other in. Some guys said they were there till 11 pm turning ch!t around. Plus I have seen it slide at the rocks and it makes for a lot of work to shovel out the road for a truck.

The avy paths, all except for 2 can be avoided. The HUGE one has a long runout, and we stay low. The one just before the gas drop is the one you can't avoid. There is a way down the creek, that some sled boarders told us about that is supposed to be safe.

Hope, once you get in can be the safest place to sled. You just need to know where to play. Most people go str8t to the open alpine. One thing nice about it is if you have a break down, unless you drop into the stupid areas, you can tow a sled out from almost anywhere.

Road sucks...for sure.

Funny about the drought.... Chatter has had the best ski season on record.

Yeah the road is a little hairy, I will post a pic from saturday on the bush fsr road..had to do a little shovelin..lol Snow in chatter has been decent this year about a 8ft base.

Nordeggab

Reaction score
been down that road a few times this winter never seen anyone parked at KM 49 Lots of room even on a weekend when I was there. Lots of parking and simple turn around at Km 60 as well. The road was in great shape too. Its not a race track though. I'm sure that most of the posters here are self serving.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were in last weekend and it was an awesome ride, fresh tracks Saturday and Sunday all day. Parked at km 49, great spot to pull over for sure.

The trail was pretty damn rough but well worth it.

stusnow

Reaction score
ooh the roads too rough, the roads too rough. sheesh how about a few years ago they never even plowed the road for Chatter and we sledded in from KM 5.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was a fast trip. You could do 100+ km/h down that road. Try that with a truck.. and the trail in wasn't pounded out either...Man I miss those days.

ooh the roads too rough, the roads too rough. sheesh how about a few years ago they never even plowed the road for Chatter and we sledded in from KM 5.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yup, been there, done that! Also rode from the Susan lake rode a few time. I prefer a longer ride in to any area I go, makes for less traffic and less people bugger up the good snow!

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it is a bit of a nightmarte getting in but like what was said before the harder the access the less people up there riding!!!

Britt

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been riding Hope for 15 years as well. Just trying to give some information to people wanting to go there. Seems to keep a lot of riff raff out when the trail is rough as well. First time in we rode from the first bridge, he'll of a quick ride in.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we took a blast up hope today with some other guys. Road in and out is shitty, ajv that is a compliment to say the least. Trail in is shitty . There is fresh and untracked in alit of places. Snow is really heavy for this time of year. Doesbt really fluff up till about 7000ft. Some big cornice hanging above! Nothing has fallen yet here either. Snow under 6000ft is slurpee heavy stuff.

Top Bottom