Honey do this and that list

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Now that's funny!!!
True...but funny
Anything that happens to break or not work properly apparently is already on the list. The list is never printed and reminders are sent out immediately upon failure of whatever broke, is not transmitting, lost or should have been purchased before said incident occurred. The list also contains items that may or may not be sent telepathically, by hand signals, smoke signals, incomprehensible muttering, vague eye contact and of course the "if you really knew me, you would have known this before I said anything" emotional wireless relationship osmosis method. Yes, my list is stored with my wife and if I need to refer to the list she is always there to prioritize items for me.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The number one thing on my honey-do list is .......................... her.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That almost sounds like a fun list then a honey doo list to me. You must have her trained or your single?
Married 24 years - I think she gave up trying to "change" me lol. Seriously though, we both enjoy similar activities, especially sledding. The house is where we sleep, and neither of us feels it needs to be a Taj Mahal, just clean and livable - I don't get the need to have a 300k plus house so you end up working all the time so you can come home & sleep in it...we actually live quite simply & spend the extra cash that would have went into a fancy home on sledding / travel, etc.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Married 24 years - I think she gave up trying to "change" me lol. Seriously though, we both enjoy similar activities, especially sledding. The house is where we sleep, and neither of us feels it needs to be a Taj Mahal, just clean and livable - I don't get the need to have a 300k plus house so you end up working all the time so you can come home & sleep in it...we actually live quite simply & spend the extra cash that would have went into a fancy home on sledding / travel, etc.

I sleep in my house also. I also, work my computer, have morning coffee, showers, meals, wash clothes and dishes, have an office for all the insurance, taxes, and expenses of said house, entertain a little, have family come, yard word to doo a little, etc., etc..

The "honey-doo" list is just a joke but ohhhh sooooooo true!! Keeping a house up for an investment is a big commitment and one wants to enjoy all the amenities of the house while they live there and not get everything done just in time to sell it!

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sleep in my house also. I also, work my computer, have morning coffee, showers, meals, wash clothes and dishes, have an office for all the insurance, taxes, and expenses of said house, entertain a little, have family come, yard word to doo a little, etc., etc..

The "honey-doo" list is just a joke but ohhhh sooooooo true!! Keeping a house up for an investment is a big commitment and one wants to enjoy all the amenities of the house while they live there and not get everything done just in time to sell it!

Yes i must also say i more then just sleep in my house, just as FS said. Its also my sanctuary, a place of Zen.
I got to admit a little, some of them things on the honey do list are of my doing....hehe. You see there is some madness to all this, maybe even a little reverse phycology. She can never say i spend more time modding my sled and toys and dont do anything in the house. This is good brownie point for modding time.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anything that happens to break or not work properly apparently is already on the list. The list is never printed and reminders are sent out immediately upon failure of whatever broke, is not transmitting, lost or should have been purchased before said incident occurred. The list also contains items that may or may not be sent telepathically, by hand signals, smoke signals, incomprehensible muttering, vague eye contact and of course the "if you really knew me, you would have known this before I said anything" emotional wireless relationship osmosis method. Yes, my list is stored with my wife and if I need to refer to the list she is always there to prioritize items for me.
HAHAHA, one reason i try in the spring to keep myself busy with the honey do list i come up with.(home related of course) This way she see's i'm busy with the MORE important things.
That's all that realy matters.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one wants to enjoy all the amenities of the house while they live there and not get everything done just in time to sell it!

Huh????? :confused: I thought that was a rule! My dad built his first house with "temporary" basement stairs. Replaced them 17 years later just before he sold it! I learned well from that....and apparantly my son did too. We did a whole bunch of stuff he'd been putting off on his house in Nelson just before he sold it and moved to Sparwood.

Anyway.....back to the honey do list....all she put on my list for this year was to replace the roof I've been promising to do for the last 3 years. Roofers will be there in 3 weeks, so I'm good to go! That only took me half a day! Apparantly she was under the impression "I" was going to replace the roof. Silly woman! :D

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Huh????? :confused: I thought that was a rule! My dad built his first house with "temporary" basement stairs. Replaced them 17 years later just before he sold it! I learned well from that....and apparantly my son did too. We did a whole bunch of stuff he'd been putting off on his house in Nelson just before he sold it and moved to Sparwood.

Anyway.....back to the honey do list....all she put on my list for this year was to replace the roof I've been promising to do for the last 3 years. Roofers will be there in 3 weeks, so I'm good to go! That only took me half a day! Apparently she was under the impression "I" was going to replace the roof. Silly woman! :D

Atta a boy Ken!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Atta a boy Ken!

I did think about it though Doug. In the end I decided to just put in a few extra OT shifts doing something I'm way better at than take a nose dive off my friggin roof. Scared me just going up a 27 foot ladder to measure it so I could get a quote the other day! Crap! When did I suddenly develop a fear of heights? :confused:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I did think about it though Doug. In the end I decided to just put in a few extra OT shifts doing something I'm way better at than take a nose dive off my friggin roof. Scared me just going up a 27 foot ladder to measure it so I could get a quote the other day! Crap! When did I suddenly develop a fear of heights? :confused:

Ah............the golden years!!!

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Anyway.....back to the honey do list....all she put on my list for this year was to replace the roof I've been promising to do for the last 3 years. Roofers will be there in 3 weeks, so I'm good to go! That only took me half a day! Apparantly she was under the impression "I" was going to replace the roof. Silly woman! :D
I got two more years to go, then going to replace the roof plus build a "sunroom". Been delaying it for couple years now, told her when i replace the roof i'll build it at the same time.

Top Bottom