Honey do this and that list

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, we all know sledding season is DONE, atleast for 99% of us. The rest of you .99% rider's still riding....you guys SUCK and we don't want to hear about it:)
So now its over, some of us are given the good old HONEY DO list. The list of things we sledders can have a habbit of puttin on the back burner during our season......for obvious good reason's. But now reality hits and for me its going to be a very busy summer.
I have been told, by a powerful source.....hehe
No work on toys, no buy parts for toys, no playing on toys, till the real work is done my dear.
I guess its a cheap price to pay to have the rest of my life of fun....

My list for summer of 2013:
-pressure wash house and shop (DONE)
-clean bbq (DONE)
-paint the entire basement(multi-perpuse entertainment room) (ALL MOST DONE)
-paint house and shop eavesdrop
-build driveway gate
-continue and possibly finnish yard upgrade (WORKING ON IT)
-build new office in house (STARTED ON IT)

CRAP..can't wait till winter gets here

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought a new place. Fixer upper. My list basically consists of gut and replace.....so much for my plans of taking time off and sledding all winter lol!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Ah, the infamous honey-doo list!! I know it too well!

Last summer with 3 continuous months of building the FSA Emergency Shelter, I was really behind with projects at home. I am very glad my better half was understanding.

Wood shed is full (done).
Weeds are finally under control.
Garage is in the process of getting rid of stuff and reorganized.
3 leaky sealed units replaced (today).
Fencing for deer (in progress).
Replace chimney chase (later).
Upper deck addition to existing deck (later).
Chop out concrete in front entrance and replace with pavers (later).

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The way I look at it work as hard as you can and get it done as quick as possible. Then it's play time again and the wife is happy lol.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, we all know sledding season is DONE, atleast for 99% of us. The rest of you .99% rider's still riding....you guys SUCK and we don't want to hear about it:)
So now its over, some of us are given the good old HONEY DO list. The list of things we sledders can have a habbit of puttin on the back burner during our season......for obvious good reason's. But now reality hits and for me its going to be a very busy summer.
I have been told, by a powerful source.....hehe
No work on toys, no buy parts for toys, no playing on toys, till the real work is done my dear.
I guess its a cheap price to pay to have the rest of my life of fun....

My list for summer of 2013:
-pressure wash house and shop (DONE)
-clean bbq (DONE)
-paint the entire basement(multi-perpuse entertainment room) (ALL MOST DONE)
-paint house and shop eavesdrop
-build driveway gate
-continue and possibly finnish yard upgrade (WORKING ON IT)
-build new office in house (STARTED ON IT)

CRAP..can't wait till winter gets here

Oh god mike don't get me ( or her for that matter started )

It's one of the revolving lists. Changes all the time and never gets shorter. Things get bumped and unbumped again.

sent from my I phone azz kicking HTC

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My list is complete.
Basement finished from January to April.
Front yard all completed in May
Backyard finished up in the last few days..

Now Rzr ride and camp...
Nothing else to do...

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
My list is complete.
Basement finished from January to April.
Front yard all completed in May
Backyard finished up in the last few days..

Now Rzr ride and camp...
Nothing else to do...

Hahahaha.............the list is there but you doo it earlier or later than us sledders....about 6 months difference in the time line.

Last edited:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Holy you should see how long my honey-do list is and the part the pizzes me off is every time I ask when she is going to start something on it she gives me a few choice words and storms off......WTF is up with that???

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy you should see how long my honey-do list is and the part the pizzes me off is every time I ask when she is going to start something on it she gives me a few choice words and storms off......WTF is up with that???
Its a woman thing Murm.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wife wants me to start renovations this year. I am trying to convince her we should finish the house first, She doesn't think that will ever happen since we built the house in 1983 and still haven't got all the trim up. Not saying I am the worlds worst procrastinator but there always seems to be something more fun to do.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm fortunate to have a honey-doo list. This is how mine looked this spring: install big bore kit in her sled (DONE). Spring cleaning of yard, basement, and garage (DONE). Buy a new touring bike because the Softail is uncomfortable on long trips (DONE). Service all powersports equipment, holiday trailer, lawn equipment, etc (almost done, waiting on parts for the quad to install)... good list IMHO.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i can say that she does help some.
Like the painting in the basement. She also puts me straight on my choices of colors, imgine if i picked the wrong color...OMG
We had mutualy agreed on colors in the majority of the house last year but in the basement its been a tough go. She don't like office colors, and is critical of the mancave. Well thats what i call it. Its a large room that i converted into theater style with a pooltable/foosball/dartboard ect, ect, ohya bar. You get the picture, so its kinda dark. She doesnt get the fact that i did the ceiling flatblack in front of the bigscreen and the wall. It looks stupid, especialy the ceiling. Its only 6ft in front of the screen, the rest is white. Its suppose to be theater style in that area, WOMEN, they some time just don't see the big picture....haha

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm fortunate to have a honey-doo list. This is how mine looked this spring: install big bore kit in her sled (DONE). Spring cleaning of yard, basement, and garage (DONE). Buy a new touring bike because the Softail is uncomfortable on long trips (DONE). Service all powersports equipment, holiday trailer, lawn equipment, etc (almost done, waiting on parts for the quad to install)... good list IMHO.
That almost sounds like a fun list then a honey doo list to me. You must have her trained or your single?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh the honey do list, got a bunch of it knocked off already. Current priorities are fill the woodshed and fix the transmission in her car. We also apparently need new living room and bedroom furniture but my opinion on that is invalid.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anything that happens to break or not work properly apparently is already on the list. The list is never printed and reminders are sent out immediately upon failure of whatever broke, is not transmitting, lost or should have been purchased before said incident occurred. The list also contains items that may or may not be sent telepathically, by hand signals, smoke signals, incomprehensible muttering, vague eye contact and of course the "if you really knew me, you would have known this before I said anything" emotional wireless relationship osmosis method. Yes, my list is stored with my wife and if I need to refer to the list she is always there to prioritize items for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom