Honda TRX350 Brake problems

CThiessen

Reaction score
Hey does anyone know if there is any place to put brake fluid other than on the handle bars by the front brake lever?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if the resevoir (spelling) is full and you still have little or no brakes you probabaly just need to set them. It is almost the same way you set drum brakes on a car, except on the outside of the rim there is a little rubber plug, pull it off and inside there will be a little gear looking thing that you can turn with a flat screwdriver.turn it until the brakes are tight (on) then losen them off about 1/2-3/4 of a turn. there are two per tire (front) the easyest way is to jack the front tires off the ground and turn them by hand until you see the little gear.

I had that problem last year with my honda 350, hope it helps

CThiessen

Reaction score
Thanks but I think it is the reservoir the indicator glass is empty. Thanks for your help now I just need to get the stripped screws out. hahahaha

CThiessen

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips the res was full but I am not to sure I understand the little rubber plug on the outside of the rim. But I will keep looking and hope I can get my brakes back by may long. Also do you know how to set the rear brakes for the same quad?

CThiessen

Reaction score
Ok the only piece of rubber that I foundwas the rubber cover on the bleeder nipple. So I bled the brakes. The only thing that I found on the outside of the drum that would even come close to what you are describing is a small 8mm bolt and there is only one per wheel.
Anyway I bled the brakes and I still have nothing but if I pump them I get a small amount of brake. I still need help and I am so confused. This quad thing is all new to me especially when all I am used to is dirt bikes.

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see you got an older honda, but there should be a little plug ( red or black) on the outside of the rims (front) it should just pop right off if not phone a dealer and ask them how to set the brakes they should let you know, but it sounds like your having the same problem i had

ObsoleteTRX

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to this site and hope this post isn't too old to post on. I have an 86 350 that has had front brake problems since i got it. First when i got it the front and rear brakes were both completely seized due to the lack of maintenance by the previous owner and due to the excess rust and corrosion on everything...So I bought a parts quad from one of the guys on here actually, and it solved the rear brake problem easily, but the pistons for the front drums still don't seem to work right. I've flushed the hydrolic system, and adjusted the shoes like "T-Guy" said, still what seems to be happening is that when i apply the brake, the pistons hardly move, like they aren't getting enough pressure from the master cylinder...thing is when i first got it with the seized pistons, the brake leaver was super stiff. So i don't think that the master cylinder is week. Any ideas?

Andy the Digger

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to this site and hope this post isn't too old to post on. I have an 86 350 that has had front brake problems since i got it. First when i got it the front and rear brakes were both completely seized due to the lack of maintenance by the previous owner and due to the excess rust and corrosion on everything...So I bought a parts quad from one of the guys on here actually, and it solved the rear brake problem easily, but the pistons for the front drums still don't seem to work right. I've flushed the hydrolic system, and adjusted the shoes like "T-Guy" said, still what seems to be happening is that when i apply the brake, the pistons hardly move, like they aren't getting enough pressure from the master cylinder...thing is when i first got it with the seized pistons, the brake leaver was super stiff. So i don't think that the master cylinder is week. Any ideas?

I would look into a aftermarket disc brake kit.. I put one on my 99 foreman 400 and they work great.. I got it from Royaldistributing.com ( high lifter is the manufacterer ) and it took about 4 hours to put in.. Cost was around 400 bucks, and it comes with calipers, rotors, and pads.. And uses your existing master cylinder.. and the pads cross reference to a arctic cat quad part number( in case the co. goes under ) No adjustments, pads last good, and I can stop my quad with two fingers from road speedno mud in the drums, few squeaks.. And you know ahead of time when your wheel bearings are going as the brakes need a few pumps to engage ( wobblely rotor opens the caliper a bit )
I also tried the rear brake kit.. which I was diasppointed with....

Top Bottom