Homemade snorkel kits for Rhino 700

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I say go to the hardware store and fab your own.Intake is a joke as its right there up top and centre.Belt vent looks pretty easy too.I was in about 30" of water today with no issues and mines not snorkled.If your a water junky its probably a good thing to do it

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I built my own snorkel kit form my 08, the intake was super easy, just bought some PVC pipe and elbows from the hardwear and fabbed it up, the clutch on the the other hand looks alot tougher, I have not done it yet, but plan to befor the May long.

hammerbike

Reaction score
Anyone make their own kits? Just wondering if I should buy a kit or fab up my own.
I went to the hardware store and bought $64.00 worth of pipe, 45's, 90's, etc and went home and built my own, then I returned the $36.00 worth of stuff I didn't use! Yup, cost me an afternoon and $28.00 to do mine! The local outfit that does them wanted $500.00 (!!!), WTF?? They don't have a "kit", they do it the same way I did!
Lay it out in your mind (and on paper) then just go get the stuff (and some extras), it's easy and mine works and looks great!
Mine is an 08 XTX700EFI Prowler, but same deal applies.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to the hardware store and bought $64.00 worth of pipe, 45's, 90's, etc and went home and built my own, then I returned the $36.00 worth of stuff I didn't use! Yup, cost me an afternoon and $28.00 to do mine! The local outfit that does them wanted $500.00 (!!!), WTF?? They don't have a "kit", they do it the same way I did!
Lay it out in your mind (and on paper) then just go get the stuff (and some extras), it's easy and mine works and looks great!
Mine is an 08 XTX700EFI Prowler, but same deal applies.

Ditto:beer::beer:

Top Bottom