Holy cow are Etecs good on fuel!!

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whiterad is correct, at constant lower rpm, like on trail or harder snow, the etec is better gallons per hour, at constant full throtle working it hard, the XM is better than the Pro for mileage, ..... but not by any where near as much as some of these guys claim. Consider the source, some of these guys believe if it said Doo on the winshield you'd be able to see farther ahead it. Both great machines, way better than the past, not much difference in most aspects. Pick your poison, just dont get sucked in to a decision by the blind loyal opinions of the zealots from any brand.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have consistently run my XM out of fuel in 48-52 miles breaking trail in deep pow. Fuel tank always burped and filled to the top, and it actually dies from running out. My oil also goes from the 3/4 mark to 1/4 mark on these days. No way can they cut the oil tank down in size unless its for the trail sleds only. The E-tek does get great mileage on the trail but if you actually ride deep pow in the mountains don't think you are going to save any $$ on fuel and oil...

thats still 80-90 kms..... not the 45kms in the first unrealistic claim

even in powder etecs are at least 15% better if not 20-25% better then the other brands NO questions asked I also have done it all... if its empty in 45 kms ur doing something wrong,, did u burp to get the last 5 litres? was it upside down for 2 hours leaking?

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha wicked. What's the longest you've gone with the low fuel light?
With the demo I rode last Sunday, I noticed zero bars fuel, fuel light on. Rode back to the cabin, had a pint and made my way to the truck for a total of about 25km.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha wicked. What's the longest you've gone with the low fuel light?
With the demo I rode last Sunday, I noticed zero bars fuel, fuel light on. Rode back to the cabin, had a pint and made my way to the truck for a total of about 25km.

had my fuel light come on in chappel creek. rode around for another 10 min pretty hard because i didnt trust it. then rode the 30km trail out and ran out about 500ft from the truck. turns out it wasnt lying and its happened twice now. so a good rule of thumb would be 30km of light trail riding once the light comes on.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So looking at your list of toys, you're comparing the new e-tec to a 2005 King Cat???

Really??

What were in those king cats?? 900's??

Not really a close comparison is it?

Ya they are if you go bu HP hmmmmmmmm

white rad

Reaction score
Well you must have deeper powder than we ever seen, never ran out in 50 miles with the ptec and the etec is 25 percent better... If you ever hook up a a/f gauge to one you will see where there mileage comes from, on our last trip we had two pops with us and after two days riding they had used 30 litres more than etecs.... Was the joke for the night

Z
Photo Dec 08, 12 42 37 PM.jpg

49 miles on a tank this day and a corded belt....

Last edited:

amward

Reaction score
My '12 backcountry 600 etech on one of our rides this winter used 37 litres in 56 miles. Work them hard and they will burn fuel like anything else.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran out when breaking it in had 75kms on it deep snow day, had fuel light come on first weekend in feb again deep snow day 103km when light came on fawker only went 7ks when it ran out, lesson learned when light comes on put fuel in.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran out when breaking it in had 75kms on it deep snow day, had fuel light come on first weekend in feb again deep snow day 103km when light came on fawker only went 7ks when it ran out, lesson learned when light comes on put fuel in.

One time I rode hard all day in 2ft of fresh bluebird day out in renshaw, didn't pack any gas in with me and low fuel light came on at around 17km on the way down, made it back to the truck and it didn't run out (i wasn't taking it easy on the way down either) . I'm curious how much further I could of gone.

Sent from a iPhone

Last edited:
Top Bottom