Holly crap is it cold!!!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
................. Ferniesnow let me know when Elkford warms up a bit

Well Glen, the sun has come over the rocks and it is now a balmy -24C. That is a bit from the low this morning at -26C. I don't think that is enough for you yet!

Funny how a few years ago there was all the talk about the cold required to kill the Pine Beetle lava. Don't hear nadda about that anymore..........................:d

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cold and sun in Leduc

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an aunt in Parksville & I grew up in Duncan / Cowichan bay ....
A bit of snow out there I hear ...,

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
-38C on the gauge out near Cadotte Lake this morning. took an hour to unload a shack, live rolls wouldn't even turn. had to break out the tiger torch.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya we do t use ice blades much here,could use them on the heavy traffic roads but just get them as best you can then salt and sand mix works,ussually doest stay that cold here for long,looking forward to getting out there and play with it. It came from Humboldt Saskatchewan so I'm sure it's done lots of ice and snow pushing,not sure how the big tires will work in our wet slippery snow but we will find out later tonight I guess
Lucky guy. We are changing ice edges on our 16m and 24m every 2 weeks at the mine trying to keep the ramps from turning into ice slopes.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear it may get colder next week! I'm not looking forward to.next week at all

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smashed off a couple creek bores NE of Fox Vegas today and left site in the daylight. Dunlops got stiff a couple times today. No big deal.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its -24 in The Rose this morning. I've been wearing long underwear all week to work! My windows at home look like I've got a grow op going on inside! I went our and bought a dehumidifier yesterday but according to the manual I need to wait 24 hours before firing it up. To make matters worse the boy commented last night during supper that the furnace was only blowing out cold air. Sure as chit he was correct so I spent another 2 hours troubleshooting that. One of the 4 limit switches had tripped and wasn't resetting itself. Good times... Come on and snow already!

-27 this morning with a wind chill of -37. The furnace is still out with a what turns out to be a big ass hole in the heat exchanger. It will be replaced on Monday. We're currently keepring the house semi-warm with several space heaters and the door to the garage open with the furnace in there cranked! I have to take the boy to a hockey tournament today. The rink may indeed be warmer than my house!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Extreme cold warning right now in Leduc with a windchill of -38. Be a good day to weld out side all day! Sometimes I think that drilling companies like messing with me?!? This rig has sat in Horizons yard for months now on the coldest day of the year it needs welding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Extreme cold warning right now in Leduc with a windchill of -38. Be a good day to weld out side all day! Sometimes I think that drilling companies like messing with me?!? This rig has sat in Horizons yard for months now on the coldest day of the year it needs welding?

Don't forget to pre-heat. And get them to hoard you in.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to pre-heat. And get them to hoard you in.

Hoarding lol! That's the stuff pipe line welders get to hide. Rig welding is a totally different animal. I just get to grin are bare it! The rig is just sitting there so no boiler so no heat anywhere

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hoarding lol! That's the stuff pipe line welders get to hide. Rig welding is a totally different animal. I just get to grin are bare it! The rig is just sitting there so no boiler so no heat anywhere

looks like your living the dream!!!!!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Seems fair to me

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe he will come hold it for me

Great idea. But I'm packed for Mexico this morning. And don't want to get dirty. It's plus 30 in Cancun

Top Bottom