Holly crap is it cold!!!!

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too much for we are loaded up for Tahiti! +30 and showers, I have asked Santa for -15 and a big snow dump when we get back...

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm ok with one more week of this sh!t..... Most weather patterns only last 2 weeks or so and then it will be nice for Xmas, sledding, and bon fires at home :beer: :beer: :D

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just went to the the neighbors down the road, for baking stuff for Jacky. Open coat walk and it wasn't that bad out........ Or the Kraken is working? lol

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes cold out in Leduc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ha, jammin an icicle into a guys hopes!

just looked at forecast, temps cool till saturday then on the rise -3 sunday, to -10 till after Christmas.

can change by the hour though!

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Church Hill Manitoba and Ft Mac N/E are 2 areas I remember well.

Seen a -60c with 70 mpr wind gusts in Church Hill, then the next year we encountered close to the same thing in Ft Mac...

Put on the gear cold and dry too prevent any moisture from getting into material, boots too.

At the end of the day our boots looked like elf-shoes curled up back-wards. Ha.

I came out of those projects with a Baffin Island suits that I still have today.

Best system going if one needs to go from sleeping bunk house too food shack,,, wasn't a whole lot happening on days like that,,, Burrrrr is an under statement. LOL

Took me 2 years to thaw out my thumbs.

Lem

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I did 6 years of outdoor ice racing on bikes and quads, when I was younger....... Still have my winter leathers as a reminder of how stoopid I was and how much fun it was!!!

But now in my late 40's, all i think about is warmth.......

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol, i hear ya, as i get older i find i'm not so much in a hurry to push up daisies. and yes i prefer warm versus cold, or at least way less windy conditions. lol.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Church Hill Manitoba and Ft Mac N/E are 2 areas I remember well.

Seen a -60c with 70 mpr wind gusts in Church Hill, then the next year we encountered close to the same thing in Ft Mac...

Put on the gear cold and dry too prevent any moisture from getting into material, boots too.

At the end of the day our boots looked like elf-shoes curled up back-wards. Ha.

I came out of those projects with a Baffin Island suits that I still have today.

Best system going if one needs to go from sleeping bunk house too food shack,,, wasn't a whole lot happening on days like that,,, Burrrrr is an under statement. LOL

Took me 2 years to thaw out my thumbs.

Lem
bullsh!t. neither ft mac or churchill have ever recorded temps that low. just stop

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bullsh!t. neither ft mac or churchill have ever recorded temps that low. just stop
-60 C is pretty low, google went to -51.2C-46.2f feb 1, 1947 and -64F/-53.3c Dec 31, 1933, wouldn't suprise me if -60 c has not been recorded there in earlier yrs. reliable ?
icon10.gif
may have just felt like -60c,

after -30 i don't want to be outside.

Last edited:
Top Bottom