Hockey players with hurt feelings?

Bikeswithtrax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is about a little more than getting your azz chewed out, there's a place for that in the sport and the work environment. The stories I have read involved physical assault and racist slurs. Anyone here call their African coworker the N word? How about the Asian guy a slant? Snopro when a First Nations customer comes in do you call him a chug? Didn't think so.

I hear way worse than that on a regular basis...have since I was a kid, from my parents, and grandparents.
It is basically a part of my world on a daily basis, and the fact is I don't see it changing anytime soon.
People who get upset about it best not work in certain fields of employment.
Changing hundreds of years of how things were done, isn't going to be changed overnight.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Report said yesterday that league wide attendance is up 2.3% …. most new arenas have more capacity and most tickets are bought by or belong to companies - As much as they may be "whiney cry baby millionaires" people will still attend, I think the oilers not selling out has more to do with the economy than anything. Not only the price of the tickets but also the food and drink. $24 for a hot dog in the louge section, even for oil kings games - even with free tickets a guy can easily drop $50 per person on a bite to eat and a couple beers.

The public school board in grande prairie received an invitation for a hockey game in February. Cheap tickets. The oilers are not selling out. They did not sell out there Saturday night game vs Toronto which is unheard of. The people have spoken. I grew up watching sports. Followed them hard. But this last year I’ve grown tired of the bullchit. Whining and complaining. The entire legue is down in attendance.

Ricki Bobby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know quite a few folks that have been season ticket holders for years, like since the 80s and did not renew them this year not because of the economy. Because the Oilers have not been able to provide a good product for so many years.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Report said yesterday that league wide attendance is up 2.3% …. most new arenas have more capacity and most tickets are bought by or belong to companies - As much as they may be "whiney cry baby millionaires" people will still attend, I think the oilers not selling out has more to do with the economy than anything. Not only the price of the tickets but also the food and drink. $24 for a hot dog in the louge section, even for oil kings games - even with free tickets a guy can easily drop $50 per person on a bite to eat and a couple beers.

I know what your saying. And yes people will still attend. Your not going to shut down a Canadian pastime. It’s more than just the players too. Sports centre and highlights used to be entertaining. Now it’s about the host. No more fighting. Listening to a couple of joe blows blow steam. Next thing I know I’ve just watched two people I care nothing about tell me there opinion. And the crazy part is I’m paying for it. In a monthly fee. So I cancelled er.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

$50 doesn't buy you much if you plan on more then 1 drink even, it's what $16 for a beer? Last game I was in louge section for the table our food bill was almost $400 and didn't have anything crazy. I'm shocked how much some companies spend, the one in particular I was there with has seasons tickets for 1 table, 4 seats behind oilers bench and a box, except for the seats behind bench they also cover all food and drinks. That's a lot of coin. The louge is nice for eating, and if you're there on business to chat but if you're there to really watch the game IMO I wasn't a fan especially for the cost. I much preferred behind the oilers bench and they are cheaper.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
95ed589718d0faed5122ffa3fcd0a8c9.jpg

DUS

Reaction score
I know what a lounge is lol. But Rogers has a level called “Loge” seating.
The orange area.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The orange area.

That’s good , because I have no idea what a Loge is lol. Learn something new everyday !

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
loge

/lōZH/
Learn to pronounce

noun
[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

• a private box or enclosure in a theater.

• the front section of the first balcony in a theater.

• US
      a tier of seating in an arena or stadium, typically between the upper and lower decks.

The orange area.

YamaDad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pro sports is lost on me too. Not just the NHL but the NFL too. I was a huge fan of both. I have thought for years that the best game in town, especially for the money, is the Golden Bears, or the Dinos if you are a southerner. Most players are the second or third best players from WHL teams that are a few years older and more developed. Almost none are rich and stuck on themselves.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Our world is changing due to the outspoken left and the BS that is allowing it to happen. There are not enough on the right speaking out and calling BS.

Let's not forget about Crosby and all the good guys (way too many to name) out there. All the great plays, goals, fights, etc.. If one ignores the outspoken minority, there is still a good game out there. Not like the olden days, but still good entertainment.

Top Bottom