Hockey players with hurt feelings?

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the millions they make you could beat me endlessly and call me a cracker all day long.
i say stop supporting the game the pros play and there paycheck will end...now talk about feelings hurt. Love to see the top player working at a kel tire.
Fill the tire up donkey boy!

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There were two strikes. After the first one, I quit watching regular season, but I watched the playoffs. After the 2nd one, I was done.
I was done with them after the first strike. They have some nerve striking, after all they are getting paid to do what you and I have to pay to do

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is about a little more than getting your azz chewed out, there's a place for that in the sport and the work environment. The stories I have read involved physical assault and racist slurs. Anyone here call their African coworker the N word? How about the Asian guy a slant? Snopro when a First Nations customer comes in do you call him a chug? Didn't think so.
If you are asking would we say those things now? No.
If you are asking if we have ever in the past said those things, probably.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I appreciate coaches being hard azz on lazy players that figure they can mail it in evry night till the playoffs start. When I pay $500 for 2 tickets, parking and an over priced beer and snack at the game and watch a bunch of figure skaters out there making slow circles for me then I salute the guy that is trying to prod them into some kinda of intensity for my viewing pleasure. God what would Gordie Howe or The Rocket say about this right now if they were still alive? When men were men....

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I appreciate coaches being hard azz on lazy players that figure they can mail it in evry night till the playoffs start. When I pay $500 for 2 tickets, parking and an over priced beer and snack at the game and watch a bunch of figure skaters out there making slow circles for me then I salute the guy that is trying to prod them into some kinda of intensity for my viewing pleasure. God what would Gordie Howe or The Rocket say about this right now if they were still alive? When men were men....

Well said SnoPro

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
exactly!!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

altough I can't stand pro sports. minor league can be pretty entertaining. we go get drunk at the grizzlies games in revelstoke and it's a great time. 10 bucks for best seats in the house and cheap beer...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
altough I can't stand pro sports. minor league can be pretty entertaining. we go get drunk at the grizzlies games in revelstoke and it's a great time. 10 bucks for best seats in the house and cheap beer...
Yeah I enjoy at Hitmen game or Hurricane game far more than a Flames game. Guys are trying and there is a small town feel to the game especially in Lethbridge.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I enjoy at Hitmen game or Hurricane game far more than a Flames game. Guys are trying and there is a small town feel to the game especially in Lethbridge.

yeah we have the rebels in red deer. the revelstoke grizzlies are junior b. they play pretty hard, small arena, small town. the crowd can get pretty rowdy and it's cheap fun

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? I can't even stand to watch more then 5 minutes of any non NHL level game unless it's world juniors or some other good tournament. Just too slow and boring. Make it to a few Oilers games a year, ticket prices have been irreverent seeing as it's been 2 years since i've had to pay for a ticket.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? I can't even stand to watch more then 5 minutes of any non NHL level game unless it's world juniors or some other good tournament. Just too slow and boring. Make it to a few Oilers games a year, ticket prices have been irreverent seeing as it's been 2 years since i've had to pay for a ticket.

probably just not drinking enough beer.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The public school board in grande prairie received an invitation for a hockey game in February. Cheap tickets. The oilers are not selling out. They did not sell out there Saturday night game vs Toronto which is unheard of. The people have spoken. I grew up watching sports. Followed them hard. But this last year I’ve grown tired of the bullchit. Whining and complaining. The entire legue is down in attendance.

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe it's all down thru North-America folks are getting tired to pay crazy amount of money for tickets and concession etc, you take the Oilers charging 13-14 $ for a beer is robery and economy out West is so so to say the least cause of Trudope and his Mignons.

That is my:twocents: on that.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
love to seeing this happen couldn't go to a flames game years ago when the economy was good because all the good seats were bought by corporations and half the time no one would show up and there was empty seats but the flames didn't care because they were sold now they don't have the big companies buying seats and they can't sell them so go get f47ked what goes around comes around couldn't care less if half the nhl teams went broke will support the calgary stampeders they have family fun seats that families can actually afford

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100% agree. Cant stand the new age professional athletes. I'd much rather go watch a hitman or roughneck game, and there way more geared for family.

Top Bottom