hobbies

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I wish i had the attention to detail to be able to do some of this stuff, but I seem to have pretty simple taste; if it builds boost, burns fuel, makes lots of noise, or has a great probability of at any time self destructing or severely injuring its operator then I'll probably like it. I've already got the road, snow, mud and water figured out, next is the air... that's where this hobby quadruples in expense.

Nah. A guy can pick up a pretty good power parachute setup for under 10K. And those REALLY have the probability of injuring said operator. ;)

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nah. A guy can pick up a pretty good power parachute setup for under 10K. And those REALLY have the probability of injuring said operator. ;)

Really that cheap? I was more thinking along the line of a small Cessna or other 4 seat aircraft though, the kind of thing that I could fly out to Vancouver island or something for a weekend.

If injury was the sole goal, this is what I'd do... but since I need to be able bodied for work, it's out of the question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aYLqAhTTms

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice kitchen eldarado. I have never seen that style door before. Did you come up with the design yourself? Here's ours I just got done

found it in a kitchen design book, we liked the little extra over the standard rails and stiles. Did the doors in maple with a Tiger wood insert that matches the floor. Still need to do the pulls.

as for equipment, I did my last set of cabinets using a cheap table saw with an out feed table I built to make it easier to cut plywood. For this because I was doing so many, and it gave me a good excuse, I bought a big ass table saw with a sliding table, sprayed the cabinets and doors with a HLVP gun which sped up the finishing a lot.
image.jpg

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have always enjoyed designing and building, regardless out of wood or metal. Lately since I have been unemployed I have been building stereo systems for sxs and atv. I have also been a bit of an audiophile so I guess the two go together.View attachment 189942

I have also been making and selling these to others.
PM me here or phone or text 403-783-0720.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im no finish carpenter but I enjoy dooing woodworkin. Back in the day during spring break and other slow times, I used to help frame houses with my buddy for $. I learned alot and they are good skills to have! I had no oilpatch work to doo this week so I came out to our new to us cabin and built this fence/wood shed. Should hold 2 full cords of firewood. Tin roof to follow.

Guitars are cool too.

Reaction score
Im no finish carpenter but I enjoy dooing woodworkin. Back in the day during spring break and other slow times, I used to help frame houses with my buddy for $. I learned alot and they are good skills to have! I had no oilpatch work to doo this week so I came out to our new to us cabin and built this fence/wood shed. Should hold 2 full cords of firewood. Tin roof to follow.

Guitars are cool too.

I'm envious of anyone with carpentry skills... I love it, but make **** up as I go. If I were to ever get a trade, it would be something along these lines. Something satisfying about working with your hands and having a tangible final product that will last for years/decades. I also love the smell when cutting wood on a table saw......

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Guitars are cool too.
Looks pretty good. I would nail a 2x6 block under neath your 2x4 that is holding your roof up. Gives it more holding power when you get 3' of snow sitting on it.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty good. I would nail a 2x6 block under neath your 2x4 that is holding your roof up. Gives it more holding power when you get 3' of snow sitting on it.

i was getting around to it haha. It was miller time haha

Top Bottom