hobbies

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What does everyone do for hobbies besides the obvious snow and mud related.

I am getting back into woodworking. I used to have a custom shop but closed it to pursue other things.

Here's a entry bench I'm working on this am. Waiting for the drawers, doors and shelves to dry now.

image1 - Copy.jpg image2 - Copy.jpg

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good, you have some skills. I'm sure it is better in person than a photo

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Real nice, ...is this going to stay a hobby or are you getting back into custom millwork?

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure at this point. I was thinking of picking up some smaller jobs like built-ins, fireplaces etc but last time I did that it turned full time pretty quick.

When the housing market starts to pick up again I am considering starting up a shop, providing I can hire people with the skills to work there. I dont want to get trapped into working in the shop and trying to run the business at the same time.

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get that part, it's a juggling act doing all the administrative stuff and being on the tools...

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
exactly. The industry has a lot of downsides but I do enjoy it the actual building and finishing. It's the divas and the tire kickers I cant stand.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And the front gate.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 254

Russell P

Reaction score
Built this gate. Always had a bit of a passion for welding and fabricating.

WOW, is that ever nice. Where did you get the idea for the pattern? Guessing all aluminum or it would weigh tons. LOL. Very nice, imagine every neighbour complemented on it and wondered if you could make something up for them.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I finished our basement as sort of a hobby.

More hunting and cooking are my hobbies

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I used to be big into model trains. HO scale , but I grew out of that. I try to play my drums and between that and shooting guns and life in general that's about it

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I reload and shoot lots, always after that tighter group

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW, is that ever nice. Where did you get the idea for the pattern? Guessing all aluminum or it would weigh tons. LOL. Very nice, imagine every neighbour complemented on it and wondered if you could make something up for them.
I made the mistake of telling my wife that whatever she could draw I could build. That's what she came up with. It's 1/4" plate steel with 2" flat bar top and bottom to make it look like I beam. The fence is hung on the conc posts which is 2'x2' solid conc on a 10' deep pile.

Top Bottom