Hmmmm....Not good

Bighairybeast

Reaction score
Don't know who decided cariboo were so important. I get way more saisfaction out of seeing cougar (twice) and wolves (3 times) in the wild than an ugly version of Rudolph.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Don't know who decided cariboo were so important. I get way more saisfaction out of seeing cougar (twice) and wolves (3 times) in the wild than an ugly version of Rudolph.

They have always been on the sights of the environmental movement. Those guys have done their homework and have been able to turn that into a very big nail in our coffin for their cause; freeing the backcountry of motorized vehicles.

The summer boys pretty much decimate their riding areas with the mess they leave behind in the meadows, creeks, muskeg, etc and they have big closures compared to snowmobilers. Our crew, presumably, leave only tracks that melt away to nothing, so they had to come up with another strategy; hence caribou!

IMHO, the wolverine will be the next animal of choice.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMHO, the wolverine will be the next animal of choice.

Nope.....Grizzly bears are already the next "species of convenience". No Caribou south of Moyie, so they're attacking us on Grizzlies. Then it'll be Lynx, then Wolverine. They have it all planned out and some of them aren't shy about telling us!

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many times are they going to "re-introduce" caribou to this region? Hasn't worked in the past and won't work in the future. Just a way to keep sledders off of public land and a huge waste of money.

IMO, those tree huggers should be going after the cat skiing operations. Have any of you rode their cat trails and seen how many old growth trees are cut down and left on the ground? Take a look on Google Earth and you can see the trails in the summer. I'd like to know if they even have to pay stumpage on the trees they're cutting.

Top Bottom