high flow intake

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im runnin one on my m7 this year.....and some buddys ran with them last year and loved them. Supposed to really give you some more snap bottom end wise and you loose some weight by taking all the air intake stuff off the bottom of the hood (watch out while puttin you hood down its FLIMSY with out all the extra weight). AS far as problems, the guys i rode with didnt have any, however i had one friend recomend just taping off the low vents infront of the sled (right infront of the airbox) when in DEEP pow.

Hope that helps :beer::beer:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My issue with the mesh style airboxes or airfilters on the M-series sleds is the fact that if you dont have cold air getting to them then it'll be sucking in hot air from the engine compartment.. And you will make less power with hot air than you will with cold air.. That is why i usually prefer the high flow intake horn and then heat tape the whole intake tract that's attached to the hood.. And heat tape the whole underside of the hood and get rid of all the insulstion thats on it.. Just my opinion.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My issue with the mesh style airboxes or airfilters on the M-series sleds is the fact that if you dont have cold air getting to them then it'll be sucking in hot air from the engine compartment.. And you will make less power with hot air than you will with cold air.. That is why i usually prefer the high flow intake horn and then heat tape the whole intake tract that's attached to the hood.. And heat tape the whole underside of the hood and get rid of all the insulstion thats on it.. Just my opinion.
Yup I Agree.........only 1 thing better DSM hood with plenum with SW big throat hooked to stock air box.

M7Plus

Reaction score
for the high flow intake, instead of putting tape over your vents buy some pre-filter material and glue it on your vent holes that way you always get cold air and never freeze off the filter. I put over 900 miles on the M-7 last year like that and not one problem. Just my $.02

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have the black diamond air box.They are a true cold air box.Not sure about others but black diamond has cover over top.It sure took a lot of weight of hood.I will never go back to stock.
Cheers,
Dave

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I modified a snow pro large intake to force air directly to the throttle bodies. Then put filter material on the plenum as in the pics.

McCAT

Reaction score
Hey glengine not sure what you mean by a high flow intake horn. I was thinking about putting a timbersled intake kit on my 08 m1000 and on my sons05 m700.What does the one you are refering to look like and who makes it.:confused:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey glengine not sure what you mean by a high flow intake horn. I was thinking about putting a timbersled intake kit on my 08 m1000 and on my sons05 m700.What does the one you are refering to look like and who makes it.:confused:

Give Glen a call Darren (250)569-0070; a real great guy to talk to. We'll stop by and see him in December. :beer:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There are differenones that i'd go with for the two different machines.. Give me acall and i can go over it with you.

bcham5

Reaction score
i just finished putting the timbersled intake on my 08 m1000 :d its a pretty nice kit fit and finish wise and it was not bad to install just dont screw up drilling the Brackets . The new hood screens are really nice to should help keep snow out it looks like it will have cold air flowing thru it with the side vents.:cool:

Reaction score
D&D racing also makes a very good (in my opinion) high flow airbox..bought it last year and never had any problems with it.

ackid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i ve got the speedwerx one on mine. i bought it to see if it would stop my sled from bogging in the deep powder. it came with a few diffrent sizes of frog skins and i used them to cover the first two vents at the front of the hood. so far the bog is still there. just not as much anymore. it really works good with the hood off. makes a cool sound now!!!

Top Bottom