Hi all!

Dogsbreakfast

Reaction score
New guy from the far East of Nova Scotia....Found SnowandMud while researching Can-ams.
My current whip is a 2012 Kawi 750 Brute with eps....I'm on the fence about modding the Brute into a mudder or jumping on an Xmr.Ground clearance on the Kawi is lacking but I love those long water wheelies with the low-end torque of the Brute.Will have to test ride some Can-ams shortly because I'm growing old while waiting for Kawi to build a bigger Brute.
anyway,glad to have found you folks....lots of good info here...cheers!:beer:

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey welcome to the site!

Tons of great people and great info on here!

I had a Brute with snorkel and 28" mudzillas in 08 after my grizzly and before it got stolen and I went to side by sides.

Thing was AWESOME! I'd suggest running it! They were a great bike back then, and I'm sure they have only gotten better since! Unless there is something you specifically can't deal with on your bike, I'd add tires, snorkel, clutching, and enjoy.

I just bought an 800 can am only because we have no kawi dealer in town.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. I feel your pain and am having a similar "build or buy" argument with myself. I think I've settled on building the machine I want instead of buying the machine everyone else has. ...just wish I'd started while the Grizz was still new.

Dogsbreakfast

Reaction score
Thanks guys,you all make a lot of sense. My Brute has been great and never let me down....she gets some hard workouts but plenty of meticulous maintenance too. I've decided to make it into what I want with a full Muzzy,programmer,lift, and 28 or 29.5's....oh,and clutch springs.Braaap-braap! Lol

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys,you all make a lot of sense. My Brute has been great and never let me down....she gets some hard workouts but plenty of meticulous maintenance too. I've decided to make it into what I want with a full Muzzy,programmer,lift, and 28 or 29.5's....oh,and clutch springs.Braaap-braap! Lol
Hey good for you!What tires are you going with? I built my own snorkel kit on mine. Nothing looks better than a Brute with 3 snorkel sticking out in front of the bars! Let me know how it goes!

Dogsbreakfast

Reaction score
I hear Ya,Jroc....and nothing Sounds better than a Brute with full Muzzys��
As much as I'd love to see og Outlaws on all four corners, I can't justify the price. I think I'll go with Mega Mayhems or even the new Outback Max....I like their square profile like a Terminator.
I'll post some pics as things progress....it's only money,right? Hahaha

Dogsbreakfast

Reaction score
J-roc,I meant to ask,how do you rate your Canam to. the Brute? If I ever jump ship,the 800 Outlander would be the logical choice,unless Kawi finally puts the 800 Teryx motor in a new Brute....fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Top Bottom