((!)) Help

bbsummit1

Reaction score
Grrrr I have a 04 Summit 800 and at high speeds that stupid little light ((!)) starts to flicker
Any suggestions?

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe that's your E Brake light. When you put on the brake does it come on? Mine does the same thing but only when I'm sitting down on the seat. I've pulled the seat and tried to find where the wiring is being pinched but after 2 tries to remedy it, and getting it to stop for awhile, it still does it. I just don't pay any attention to it anymore. If you figure it out let me know:beer:

CTWilly

Reaction score
Theres a little switch that plugs in to your brake lever. Theres two wires that go up the side of your bars. It pushes in. I just unhooked mine and taped the chit out of it so the button stayed pushed in. Light no longer comes on.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also if u have a different rear light or bad bulb will make the light come on

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theres a little switch that plugs in to your brake lever. Theres two wires that go up the side of your bars. It pushes in. I just unhooked mine and taped the chit out of it so the button stayed pushed in. Light no longer comes on.

I'm not big on "Taping the ch!t" out of something to remedy a problem. Maybe the Wife's yap, but not on something mechanical...:d Try to find what's causing it. I am going to change the bulb as suggested by Tex and see if that works.:beer:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is the switch on your brake. I broke mine off a few years ago and that light has been on ever since. No biggie

same here ripped the wire off and my light was on full time,, thats all it is no issues few thousand km's

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine comes on/off all the time. Pretty sure it's the switch in the brake handle. Make sure your park brake is off and just keep givin'er!!

MoFoREVxp154

Reaction score
I bet its a big deal to the guy thats behind you if he thinks your stopping but your not, or even better-Stopping and he thinks your not.
I know I would rather ignore the idiot light on the sled than let the idiot ingore the sled.

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet its a big deal to the guy thats behind you if he thinks your stopping but your not, or even better-Stopping and he thinks your not.
I know I would rather ignore the idiot light on the sled than let the idiot ingore the sled.

I took that whole brake light assembly off the first day I got my sled along with the windshield and I don't really ride in places where I think my brake light is needed. (We don't ride the same areas the Alberta hordes)

It is just me and 2 or 3 friends and we never see anyone else. I wonder how they managed to get through all these years without hitting me..........(sarcasm)

If some idiot can't tell that am I slowing down, stopping, or continuing at the same speed by using his DEPTH PERCEPTION well then he truly is an idiot isn't he!

I know, we need more enforcement in the bush and on the highway home to ticket me for my wicked wicked ways.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I asked one of the people I was riding with one day if my brake light was flickering and they said it wasn't, so it doesn't seem to cause the brake light to go on and off.(?):confused:

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I asked one of the people I was riding with one day if my brake light was flickering and they said it wasn't, so it doesn't seem to cause the brake light to go on and off.(?):confused:

I don;t think the switch effects your brake light. I think it is a sensor that tells you if your brake is on why illuminating the little ((!)) light. That is what I understood its function to be.

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that light can indicate low oil as well. Not totally sure on that one though. I never let my oil low get low enough to find that our.......

thumperracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don;t think the switch effects your brake light. I think it is a sensor that tells you if your brake is on why illuminating the little ((!)) light. That is what I understood its function to be.

yep ur right. buddy had the same problem and we just put in a new micro switch. the sled has a seprate light for oil

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that light can indicate low oil as well. Not totally sure on that one though. I never let my oil low get low enough to find that our.......

It doesn't on mine. Oil jug is full and it still flickers when I'm sitting....which is not very often so I don't worry too much about it. There is also a low oil light which is separate.

Top Bottom