Help!!!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Mountains???

SLEDBUNNYRACING -- :eek: I THOUGHT WE WERE HEADING OUT FEB 2:confused: ?? IS IT THE 26TH OF JAN??? EITHER WAY I'M GOOD. THAT DOESN'T LEAVE YOU MUCH TIME TO GET YOUR SLED UP & RUNNING. WE GOTTA GET AT IT!!!

TYLERG..... LET US KNOW IF MXOLDTIMER AND YOURSELF CAN'T GET YOU GOING. I CAN GO OUT JUST ABOUT ANYTIME, WITH A DAYS NOTICE. CATMANDOO, WILL BE BACK ON THE 22ND, BUT SNOW SOUNDS DEEP, AND MY BACK IS SORE FROM WORKING ON MY DIESEL, AND HE HAS A NEW SNOBUNGEE, SO HE'S GONNA BE(ANYONE KNOW WHERE I'M GOING WITH THIS?):rolleyes: ..............................................................STUCK ALL THE TIME
SOMEONE WILL GET YOU OUT, IF WE CAN'T. WHATS THIS WEEKEND LIKE FOR YOU TYLERG??

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
For me, probably. I need to check my calander (her name is Diane and she runs my life...Ouch).
I will post a reply tonight. Summitric has no life so I can't see him saying no. All he seems to do is post all day on the site.:yikes:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
No Plans after Friday night. I keep my weekends open for riding.... Or in my case, standing on the machine in the middle of the field. Whenever is good for you SummitRic works for me.

I'm home most afternoons by 3:30 as well if you wanted to do it one afternoon during the week.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Summitric

summitric, I can't believe I sent out all the e-mail update about this trip and you still have the date wrong. Your such a putzzzzzzz.
Have a great trip on the 2nd?????

TylerG, just set a time and date and people will be there.

So When?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Sunday January 21, 2007 around 11am or Noon.

PM Me For Directions

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sledbunnyracing,summitric,you guys are great.I wish I was going to be here to help out and join in on the ride.I've talked to mxoldtimer a few times and I think your in good hands.Please keep us posted on how things go this weekend.
P.S. For your help I would ask you to show up with a shovel!
In case I break my Sno Bungee!
LOL!
catmando!:Cool9:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Well Gentlemen.... She's home..... and its the drive shaft..... So now the real work begins.

My MOST Thanks to MXOLDTIMER for bringing his summit 800 over to drag it out of the field, it was more of a challenge than expected. But with some nifty rigging of an old plastic sign from a gas station we managed to get it back to the house.

If anyone has a heated shop I can bring it to and get assistance in changing the shaft out, I will bring beer or pizza or whatever it takes. Its home now, I want to fix it and get riding....

Any ideas on where to get a shaft?

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
You are most welcome. Biggest trick was turning my trailer around in your driveway. Damn that is narrow. Thanks to the posterboard and a lloonngg rope, she's home. Beats the H#$% out of TV.

later

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ah Hah

THAT'S WHERE MY READER BOARD FROM MY SERVICE STATION WENT.......:specool: PRETTY INGENIOUS GUYS.
GLAD YOU GOT IT HOME TYLERG AND A BIG PAT ON THE SHOULDERS OF MXOLDTIMER(GOOD JOB). IF YOU'RE REALLY STUCK, I'M IN SW EDMONTON AND COULD LEND A HAND. I WOULD SUGGEST CANADIAN MOTORSPORTS OR PUNCHBUGGIES FOR A GOOD USED ONE. ALSO DOUBLE CHECK THE BARGAIN FINDER FOR PARTS. GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US POSTED. TOO BAD YOU NEVER TOOK ANY PICS TO BRAG ABOUT.:specool:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
THAT'S WHERE MY READER BOARD FROM MY SERVICE STATION WENT.......:specool: PRETTY INGENIOUS GUYS.
GLAD YOU GOT IT HOME TYLERG AND A BIG PAT ON THE SHOULDERS OF MXOLDTIMER(GOOD JOB). IF YOU'RE REALLY STUCK, I'M IN SW EDMONTON AND COULD LEND A HAND. I WOULD SUGGEST CANADIAN MOTORSPORTS OR PUNCHBUGGIES FOR A GOOD USED ONE. ALSO DOUBLE CHECK THE BARGAIN FINDER FOR PARTS. GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US POSTED. TOO BAD YOU NEVER TOOK ANY PICS TO BRAG ABOUT.:specool:

I still have the board if you want it back, its a little banged up now though. Thanks everyone for your ideas and help. I found the part on Royal Distributing but there are 2 different sizes. Am going to stop at Martin on the way home to find out the size and maybe order it thru him as well. I don't really wanna put a used one in as I don't want to make this a yearly fixing, even though after this I'm really hoping to get myself a Summit 600 SDI next year.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Tylerg

I THINK THAT IS A WISE CHOICE... NEW OVER USED, BUT THEN AGAIN, U SAID U WERE ONLY GONNA DRIVE THIS SLED THIS YEAR AND NEW SLED NEXT YEAR?? 600SDI IS A GREAT SLED, MIGHT EVEN CONSIDER AN 800? 600'S ARE TOUGHER TO FIND, BECAUSE NOT AS MANY AROUND AS THE 800.:confused:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I THINK THAT IS A WISE CHOICE... NEW OVER USED, BUT THEN AGAIN, U SAID U WERE ONLY GONNA DRIVE THIS SLED THIS YEAR AND NEW SLED NEXT YEAR?? 600SDI IS A GREAT SLED, MIGHT EVEN CONSIDER AN 800? 600'S ARE TOUGHER TO FIND, BECAUSE NOT AS MANY AROUND AS THE 800.:confused:

Its a toss up really, I'm a pretty big guy so I'll probably go with an 800, but after phoning around Edmonton today, I can't find a drive axle. I'm going to phone Royal cause I had the wrong part name (was looking at cross shafts or jackshafts not drive axles) and will hope they've got them. Otherwise I think maybe I'll go visit Riverside after work today and see what they have around. I can't not ride the rest of this year, its only January, and look at the accumulation, lots of poker rallys etc to hit still this year.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
TylerG, place an "Ad" on the "Buy and Sell" link. You never know who has parts or maybe a wrecked sled available. Worth a try.

I'm making a pit stop at a buddies place in stony, I happen to know he has a few blizzard chassis' around. If I could find a chassis even non running and just do a motor swap that would be fine.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, after a closer inspection in the daylight, it looks like it might not even be the drive axle. Have A look at these pics and tell me what y'all think.

Click The Pictures to see them bigger.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got it home,That might slow the track down a bit!
catmando!:cool:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I stopped at Martin Motor Sports on the way home..... Found out they have some Summits coming in........Kinda hard to justify spending 200 a month for the next 84 months though...... Might just have to settle for another used machine.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
track damage ... coulda been ugly

wow, tylerg, you are lucky you weren't a full speed, when this let go.... your slider/rail assembly went through the track.... you will need a new track, possible rails and sliders, and anyother component underneath thats bent... ouch, coulda been ugly.:( but at least you now know what the problem is.

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
Well that explains the sudden stop but not the part about lack of drive. Broke the axle when the track snagged the slider? Either way, its expensive. Looks like your unit went from an asset to a liability in one split second. There are decent used sleds out there but at a premium price this year.

No wonder the old summit couldn't drag it home without sacrificing the sign. Huh.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Well that explains the sudden stop but not the part about lack of drive. Broke the axle when the track snagged the slider? Either way, its expensive. Looks like your unit went from an asset to a liability in one split second. There are decent used sleds out there but at a premium price this year.

No wonder the old summit couldn't drag it home without sacrificing the sign. Huh.

You're not kidding.... May I be the first to say.... RIP Old Blizzard, RIP.

Top Bottom