Help!!!!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I was out bombing around the yard this afternoon, pinned the throttle, and it revved full, almost like it lost the belt, I lifted the hood and its still spinning the secondary's but its not turning the track. Could that mean I snapped the chain? or what else could it be? :crying3:

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's where I'd start.Pull the cover off the chain case and see.Keep us posted.
Jon

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like a bad one.............let us know what happened?
catmando!:alarm:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Re: No Movey

Is The Whole Jackshaft Going Into The Chaincase Turning Too, Or Did The Secondary Clutch Guide Pin Shear??? If Not, Then You'll Be Pulling The Chaincase Cover.... Most Of The Time The Chain Tension Gets Overlooked And Allows Too Much Play Inside And Snap, Broken Chain Or Stripped Gears. Was Told The 1000rt's Have A Habit Of Breaking The Chain, And They're Recomending Going From The Factory 13 Chain To A 15 Chain(available Almost Anywhere Including Royal Distributing). Have See Several Where The Bottom Big Nut On The Drive Axle Backed Off And Sheared And Broke Too(also Inside The Chaincase;) GOOD LUCK TYLERG

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks SummitRic. I'll just have to suck it up, and suit up and drag some tools out into the field with me. it was spinning all the way to the chain case cause the brake disc was still spinning. I fear it might be the death of the old blizzard and the end of skidooing for me this year

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Re Chaincase

YUP, SORRY TO SAY, BUT IT :violin: SOUNDS LIKE A BROKEN CHAIN, OR STRIPPED GEAR(S)........ GOOD LUCK TYLERG, AND I HOPE ITS NOT THE END OF YOUR SEASON..... SUPPOSED TO BE LOTS OF SNOW THIS WEEK AROUND HERE.

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, I finally trudged my way back there again, took the chain case cover off to discover..... nothing wrong..... now the damn thing won't even start..... first person to give me $600 obo for it can have it.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Tylerg

I responded to your other post "for sale". You never found anything wrong inside the chaincase??? Did you turn the jackshaft by hand and watch the gears/chain inside the chaincase move, or not???:confused: :confused:

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Summitric, I did not attempt to, The gears all look really good, and they are a splined fit, so I'm not sure how I'd have stripped them out. I did notice however that the new chain oil that I had filled the chaincase with in October is very dirty and murky already. I need to get it out of the field and up to the garage where I have easier access to tools, and lights and stuff to work on it. Unfortunately the snow is so bloody deep I can't get the neighbours quad back to it to pull it in.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Tylerg

IF YOU START THE SLED WITH THE COVER OFF AND SLIGHTLY TRY TO MOVE IT, THE JACKSHAFT(THE TOP SHAFT GOING INTO THE CHAINCASE) WILL TURN AND YOU WILL SEE THE UPPER GEAR AND CHAIN AND LOWER GEAR MOVE. IF THEY ALL ARE TURNING, THEN YOU MIGHT HAVE A BROKEN DRIVE AXLE(THE FRONT SHAFT THAT TURNS THE TRACK). I'VE ALSO SEEN STRIPPED/BROKEN DRIVE SPROCKETS.
IF YOU CAN'T GET A QUAD INTO THE FIELD:snow: , WHAT ABOUT A SLED, AND PUT YOURS ONTO A CRAZY CARPET OR TOGOGGAN??? YOU COULD ALSO LIFT THE BACK OF YOUR SLED ONTO THE BACK OF ANOTHER SLED AND STRAP THEM TOGETHER, THEN TURN THE FRONT SKIIS BACKWARDS AND PULL IT OUT OF THE FIELD.
YOU SOUND FRUSTRATED, AND I'M JUST OFFERING SOME IDEAS, SO I HOPE YOU DON'T TAKE OFFENSE TO THIS;) .KEEP YOUR CHIN UP.....
GOOD LUCK TYLERG AND KEEP US POSTED.......... THANKS

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I am definately frustrated Summitric. I've spent numerous hours this season working on the stupid thing. I don't have another sled, and it seems that everyone in my area has gone to quads, I never thought about the broken drive axle idea. I'll trek back out there again after work tonight, rip the belt off it and see if I can turn the secondary and jackshaft and watch it in the chain case. I may as well take something out there to lift the back of the sled up on to see if it moves the track. If I had broken the drive axle wouldn't it have made a loud noise when it let go???

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
re: broken shaft

Nope, you wouldn't necessarily hear a noise. the engine noise could baffle the shaft breaking, or the drivers stripping on the shaft. keep us informed as to your progress tylerg:eek:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey TylerG
When I get back next week I will bring my Prowler out to your place if you want.It has a snowblade on it and even without plowing it will go a lot farther in the snow than a Quad and if its that deep I will make a road and we will get it out of that field.I will be back on the 22nd of Jan,mayby I can talk summitric to comming out as well and help you out a bit.At least get you going in the right direction!Cant have a fellow sledder selling his ride!
Let me know what you think!
catmando!:beep:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey TylerG
When I get back next week I will bring my Prowler out to your place if you want.It has a snowblade on it and even without plowing it will go a lot farther in the snow than a Quad and if its that deep I will make a road and we will get it out of that field.I will be back on the 22nd of Jan,mayby I can talk summitric to comming out as well and help you out a bit.At least get you going in the right direction!Cant have a fellow sledder selling his ride!
Let me know what you think!
catmando!:beep:

Catmando, that would be awesome. and totally unexpected. I'd really like to finish off this season on this old thing and get something newer next year. How could I pay you for doing such a service?

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey Catmando

Yea, I'd be in to help a fellow sledder..... we could probably pull it back on crazy carpets, just using our sleds, as long as Tylerg doesn't mind, or is it on his property?? Might be an idea Tylerg to get the okay from the property owners, if its not you, or your family.... Catmando, let me know when you're back in, and we'll go help out Tylerg:Happy6:
Tylerg, I think I speak for Catmando as well, but, there's no need to pay anything. If I was in your place, and frustrated as heck(like I was about my truck), then please just accept this token of fellow sleddership(wow, did that make sense?).
Like Sledbunnyracing and myself, we have helped many a sledders out of the mountains, and are usually the last ones off the hills each nite. Tylerg, just curious, but are you married, kids, how old??? maybe, we can get the sled going, and make a little ride out of it too, you could maybe show us a little of your riding areas???:cool:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Yea, I'd be in to help a fellow sledder..... we could probably pull it back on crazy carpets, just using our sleds, as long as Tylerg doesn't mind, or is it on his property?? Might be an idea Tylerg to get the okay from the property owners, if its not you, or your family.... Catmando, let me know when you're back in, and we'll go help out Tylerg:Happy6:
Tylerg, I think I speak for Catmando as well, but, there's no need to pay anything. If I was in your place, and frustrated as heck(like I was about my truck), then please just accept this token of fellow sleddership(wow, did that make sense?).
Like Sledbunnyracing and myself, we have helped many a sledders out of the mountains, and are usually the last ones off the hills each nite. Tylerg, just curious, but are you married, kids, how old??? maybe, we can get the sled going, and make a little ride out of it too, you could maybe show us a little of your riding areas???:cool:

Wow Guys, Your help is GREATLY appreciated. The sled is on my parents property which is where I reside. I am not married, and don't have any kids. I'm only 22 believe it or not, probably one of the youngest members of the ASA to be sitting on a club executive. I'd be willing to turn it into a ride if we can get it going, if not of course you guys are always welcome to come out and ride the TrailSeekers trails. I have big news about our trails I'll be posting in our forum a little later on this morning. I also have MXOldTimer offering to come give me a hand he is a local guy, so that would of course save you guys the trip out.

I definately do not think we would get the prowler out to the machine, so we would have to tow it in behind another sled. I'm planning to hike out to it again tomorrow and check the drive line again. Once again, if MXOldTimer and I can't get it I would definately appreciate your help. I definately think that Fall 2007 is going to have a new machine in store for me.

Attachments

• 1464629_615349751866929_1822190810_n.jpg
    1464629_615349751866929_1822190810_n.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 66

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Sled Rescue

If I'm available I'm in. Let me know so I can check. The weekdays this week are really busy and Saturday I have a funeral to attend so for me Sunday is a possibility.
TylerG, post you plans, you might be surprised how many riders turn up.
Word of mouth...:gathering:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't have a tonne of parking. I have no plans during the day at all this weekend, or next. Just the evenings (you know gotta keep the lady happy). Anyone who is willing to help is welcome. Maybe I should insure and register that sled, if we get a big turn out riding around out there, the RCMP are guaranteed to be called.

I Say Plan For the 25th, that would probably work best, my folks won't be around so I can pull my truck into the garage to make room for more parking.

Top Bottom