help wake up 09 m8

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Want to wake up sled, stock sled other that mbrp can what are your thoughts on some after market parts without breaking the bank. Thanks.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speed works 925. Or the cutler 950 big bore. Cheaper than a turbo. Better than just doing a single pipe and porting $$ wise cause the gains are so much better and bigger

eforwell

Reaction score
Not sure how much the big bore kits cost but have heard the rktech bolt on head kit is good and adds 15 hp ($500). i am running y pipe, pipe, can, reeds, intake and pcv and my sled pulls hard and it lots of fun. you should also look at doing the big bearing upgrade in your dd if you havent already, lots of people have had problems here with their 09's.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the RKT system works pretty good, i have'nt run agains a stock 09 M8 so i don't know how much better it really is. My sled has awesome throttle response and no bogging at any RPM. I will be playing with clutching setups this coming winter. I have the RKT head, RKT 38/36 torsional helix in the secondary, Super Q can, D&D intake and a boondocker box. It took me a while to learn the BD box and tune it to an air/fuel guage but now i have a that dialed in for low elevation and for mountians you put all the numbers to zero except in the high end RPM range i had to add a bit of fuel to get the A/F numbers down to 12.5

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another thought would be to put on a full speedwerx exhaust, some kind of intake for weight loss (you would be amazed at how much that stock intake weighs) and then a fuel controler (Power commander or boondocker) Both controler will have fuel numbers to start with for tuning and lots of people have that setup so getting help would be easy as well.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On Kijiji there is a brand new Twisted Turbo for sale for 3800.00...regular price at 6000.00.Its a complete kit with gauges,clutch kit fuel box,that would be your best bang for your buck!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another thought would be to put on a full speedwerx exhaust, some kind of intake for weight loss (you would be amazed at how much that stock intake weighs) and then a fuel controler (Power commander or boondocker) Both controler will have fuel numbers to start with for tuning and lots of people have that setup so getting help would be easy as well.

It's better to leave the stock intake on and out some flow rites vents on it. On a open air box the air under hood is different eveyday leading to tuneing issues and heat can give u performance issues and you may not associate it with air. A good running two stroke needs consistancy at the air box. Also Rkt heads.... I had to pull weight out of the levers on my 1000. That tells me it doesnt make power. Whatever you do for mods do them one at a time then you can tell what makes power and what doesnt.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not sure how my sled would run up against a stock M8 but i do know that it runs really good and never had a bog unless the hood was completely covered. As for tuning once i learned what to do it was easy and a different intake doesn't require a fuel controler.

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the replies what about just adding a boondocker controller box, would this help build more power just by itself.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the replies what about just adding a boondocker controller box, would this help build more power just by itself.

All the Boondocker box will do is adjust fuel! Like jetting a carb, unless you feel the sled has rich or lean points, there would be no "real" gains with just adding any fuel controller. Adding components which require fuel adjustments, then some form of controller is a must!

Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one! The question you need to ask yourself is either how much performance you'd like (power or ride) or how much money you'd like to spend? I usually go with how much it's going to cost me and then try to justify it to my wife...! If you ever consider a turbo buy the RG kit and then run at the boost you'd like, as time goes on you'll probably want more and the initial cost and set up is worth it in the long run.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
huge fan of turbos after this weekend but for reliability and power call bikeman about a big bore, their prices are pretty good and they are good kits, ridden with several over the last two years and they are impressive

Top Bottom