help please

freezeberry

Reaction score
Anybody knows where there are staging areas around Edmonton. Want to ride but don t know where to go. Not very much snow yet but figure out of the city there must be a little more. 1 1/2 to 2 hrs from the city would be perfect but farther is good to. As long as I can get out and play. I heard Cooking Lake/ Blackfoot Rec Area but when you get there there are no sled signs. Tried to get a trail pass also, no success. Phoned stores, people and the ASA but they were closed till jan 5. I m back to work on the 5 and really would like to ride a day or two before. Thanks everyone for any info, even the littlest might help. Happy Sledding-New YR and Keep Safe.

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't comment much for out East, but if you want to go west you can park in Alberta Beach and from there you can access the trails all the way to the pembina. There's also a few spots on the way you can warm up and have something to quench your thirst.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can go to Smoky Lake and ride the iron horse trail, i was down there last weekend and people were riding, there is a bit more snow than in edmonton, and there are alot of fields that you can go in. Hope this helps, it's only about 1hr 15 mins north of edmonton on hiway 28.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alberta Beach isn't too bad to ride. It is close, but man is it flat. Whitecourt is probably the closest staging area, but man is it flat. LOL, I love my Rockies.

Bucky

Reaction score
If you want a trail pass, try either NS or SS Martin Farm equipment, they sell them there, or have in the past.

Demon13

Reaction score
There is a fair bit of snow up here in Swan Hills which is about 2 1/2 hrs from edmonton we have about a foot of snow and just got a fresh 3" today.We have several trail loops with warm up shacks, maps and passes can be purchased at Wilderness Playground.There # is 780-333-2800.

Top Bottom