Help me out

icefisher

Reaction score
hey i am looking at a new sled and i have been told to stay away from the 07 ski doos is there any truth to this? if so what are the problems? and is it in every model or just some? i am sure this gets talked about alot and you are going to tell me to look back in the forum but i kind of have a deal pending. thanks

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the '07's. Just need to make sure they have the upgraded 800R engine. There were some crank and crank bearing tolerance issues with the first '07's. There should be an R stamped in the case I believe to mark that it has been updated.

660canuck

Reaction score
Get the vin and have BRP run it to see what work has been done. I wouldn't touch it unless it has an updated motor. I just learned the hard way, and had mine blow up 7kms after I bought it. Now I had to put a new shortblock in.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get the vin and have BRP run it to see what work has been done. I wouldn't touch it unless it has an updated motor. I just learned the hard way, and had mine blow up 7kms after I bought it. Now I had to put a new shortblock in.

I wouldn't touch an 07 unless it has the updated motor,clutch and track. I ride with two guys with them. Ones an XRS and the other is an X and they have both been money pits. Just my experiances.

icefisher

Reaction score
ya i was reading last night and most people said if you have more than 500 km on it you are good to go. it is an xrs with 2800 km on it.

jackinthebox

Reaction score
If it's a xrs you want to check the track cause the x and xrs package got the junk track compared to the stock adrenaline....and if it's got 2800 km....i'm sure your good to go...only thing i would do is a hot compression check.

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it's a xrs you want to check the track cause the x and xrs package got the junk track compared to the stock adrenaline....and if it's got 2800 km....i'm sure your good to go...only thing i would do is a hot compression check.

lost my crank at 2900km last season and i was told it was done at 900km when i bought my sled, if its in good shape and priced good i wouldnt worry about it.

icefisher

Reaction score
well thanks for all the input guys. but another deal got sold befor i could get to it. where there is one there is always more. thanks again

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy with the XRS lost his crank at 2100km. So now he has had the updated 08 motor for 2 seasons and i belive there is 2000-3000km and his crank run out is way out of spec.

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends who you talk to.
Of course you always here the bad news. But I have a buddy with one never touched and it has over 5000km's stock engine. Did have to tweak the clucthing but other than that:beer:

Top Bottom