Helmets on Crown Land

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I think I'm 1,200 dry so it does not really matter anyway.

Anyone know where wake someone can go? I've only been to McLean....Pincher and Sundre are too far for a hotdog roast

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

There's wiapourous area ..Not sure if the weight restrictions are there to I don't ride out there so you'd have to look it up in ESRD web site

Gsxrgrizz

Reaction score
There are no weight restrictions according to the ranger I spoke with but he dissatisfied there was a width restriction. I was unable to ask what that was as he had to go.

I don't even know where to go out in the Ghost area!!!!

Adren-junkie

Reaction score
I actually just spoke with both the RCMP and the Rangers who enforce McLean and was told that they do not enforce it and that the hockey helmet would be fine provided I am willing to accept the risks for my son.

In the end, if we were going for an actual ride it would be far different but we are going 10k down a logging road at no more that 30 kph for a hotdog roast.

That being said, it's a moot point anyway as there is a 1000lb restriction at McLean until May 1 so we can't go. Anyone have any suggestions for Ghost? I've only ever been to McLean

First I heard about a 1000lb weight restriction. I was just out there for a couple days & never saw anything posted & saw quite a few sxs's

Gsxrgrizz

Reaction score
Huh...this came from one of the Rangers that handles that area but if there is nothing posted......plus if you've seen side by side there maybe I'll just go out anyway.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428207389.624130.jpg

Gsxrgrizz

Reaction score
Hard to plead ignorance if it's on their website

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh...this came from one of the Rangers that handles that area but if there is nothing posted......plus if you've seen side by side there maybe I'll just go out anyway.

lots of SxS's out there, there s a physical width limitation, 2 large boulders at gate, u should have no problem though. i drove the anger through, at 72 inches wide, with tracks

Last edited:

Gsxrgrizz

Reaction score
Good to know....the Maverick is only 64 inches wide

Last edited:

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No offence its your child. But going 10 feet or 10km they still should be wearing a proper helmet. A hockey helmet is not going to do a thing with 1000lbs of quad on their head. A accident can happen in less than a foot on the most innocent looking terrain. Even a cheap Walmart or Canadian tire helmet will be better

Gsxrgrizz

Reaction score
It's not a matter of trying to save money or that I don't want one for him, I've been to nearly every dealer in town and can't find one that fits!!! All the dealers say I will have to special order one....which I will do. Every motocross helmet I can find are far too big making them more of a danger with reference to a coup/contrecoup injury leading to severe cerebral contusions.

That being said, I did not think of CDN Tire or Walmart. While I still have my doubts they will have one, I will try there.

Also, since I am in a side by side as apposed to a quad, he will be inside a full roll cage and a 4 point harness. N

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No offence its your child. But going 10 feet or 10km they still should be wearing a proper helmet. A hockey helmet is not going to do a thing with 1000lbs of quad on their head. A accident can happen in less than a foot on the most innocent looking terrain. Even a cheap Walmart or Canadian tire helmet will be better

true, dot approved is the minimum helmet I would use. I never ride without a helmet, on saying that, with his kids seat belted in, inside an rop cage, a hockey helmet would work for 1 ride, and will be more effective than an ill fitted ctc crap helmet, flopping around on kids head. problem being helmets need to fit right, kids grow fast, may need to get a new helmet every 6 months. big $$$$. parents tend to get one a kid can grow into for that reason.

• Thanks
Reactions: LBZ

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We bought a Fulton helmet for our not so little guy now when he was 4. Motorcross style that was light on his head and came with all the removable inserts so that a guy could size it properly on his head. Something to maybe look into if you have no luck at CT or Walmart. Good luck with your search.

Gsxrgrizz

Reaction score
true, dot approved is the minimum helmet I would use. I never ride without a helmet, on saying that, with his kids set belted in, in side an rop cage, a hockey helmet would work or 1 ride, and will be more effective than an ill fitted ctc crap helmet, flopping around on kids head. problem being helmets need to fit right, kids grow fast, may need to get a new helmet every 6 months. big ???? parents tend to get one a kid can grow into!

This is my point!!! I have ABSOLUTELY no problem spending the money for a helmet, even if it's every season but IT HAS TO FIT PROPERLY or it's far more of a danger

Gsxrgrizz

Reaction score
We bought a Fulton helmet for our not so little guy now when he was 4. Motorcross style that was light on his head and came with all the removable inserts so that a guy could size it properly on his head. Something to maybe look into if you have no luck at CT or Walmart. Good luck with your search.

Where do you get that? I've never heard of a Fulton.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is my point!!! I have ABSOLUTELY no problem spending the money for a helmet, even if it's every season but IT HAS TO FIT PROPERLY or it's far more of a danger

in my opinion you will be fine with the hockey helmet, take it easy, maclean creek can be a handful, get the family out and have some fun, they will love it. get proper gear, be safe. nothing worse than seeing a helmet flopping all over a kids head.
stay off the roads.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do you get that? I've never heard of a Fulton.

Sorry, typo on my part . Fulmer is the brand of helmet. We bought ours at Recycle Motorcycles in Stoney Plain. That was 7 yrs ago but I think they still carry the line. Their # is 780-963-2999. They are closed on Sunday and Monday's.

Top Bottom